addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › Electrocosmology? "The Electric Universe" on YouTube

Electrocosmology? "The Electric Universe" on YouTube

Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 1,078
I think this theory is really interesting! Has anyone studied this?

http://www.youtube.co...­
David V.
DavidVeksler
Atlanta, GA
Post #: 205
I had some thoughts on it on OO.net: http://forum.objectiv...­
Chad
prorescue
Norman, OK
Post #: 70
While interesting, I would have some basic questions which don't seem to be answered in the video (I have not gone to the electrocosomolgy website to investigate further).

First, if these electric discharges are so common, how is it none have been observed over several thousands of years of astronomy? Yet, asteroid impacts forming craters are observed routinely throughout the solar system.

Second, if the planets and moons are so heavily charged with electricity, why has this not ever been observed. It is common practice throughout the modern world to attach wires running into the Earth to dissipate electricity because it is not electrically charged. This includes everything from lighting rods to the electrical wiring of your house.

Third, large electrical discharges and living tissue do not mix. Electrocution leaves unique tell-tale signs. Electrical discharges of the magnitude of those proposed would have caused a minor or major extinction (at least regionally if not globally) at some point in the history of life on Earth. No evidence of this exists to my knowledge.

Lastly, and I think most importantly, the makers of the video claim mainstream science has ignored this theory. From what I've seen of planetary scientists, astronomers, and astrophysicists, if there were any truth to this theory they would jump at it, not ignore it. They chose those fields in large part due to the wonderment or "far out" factor they offer. They would undoubtedly find it exciting if the cosmos were more electrically charged than thought and bursting with electrical discharges between planets.

I'm the first to admit we humans have much to learn about the universe around us and there are always surprises. But as we propose new scientific explanations, we have have to make sure they are consistent with the observable universe (even if current theory turns out to be incorrect). I also commend the makers of the video for looking for other possible explanations. While I don't think this theory is viable, it is essential to keep asking questions and challenging what we think we know so we may move science forward.

Chad