North Texas Objectivist Society (NTOS) Message Board › NTOS: Discuss ObamaCare & Earth Hour @ the Ranch this Saturday!

NTOS: Discuss ObamaCare & Earth Hour @ the Ranch this Saturday! (March 27, 2010)

Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
I just realized that our NTOS gatherig @ the Ranch this Saturdady is "Earth Hour."

We are expecting more than 50 people! It should be a lot of fun and a good time to meet some new people.

Rather than sitting in the dark for ages, I propose we turn the lights in good cheer! We can discuss philosophical issues of every kind and interest! We can discuss educating ourselves to oppose ObamaCare -- on moral grounds!

I think the “science” of “climate change” is bogus. Environmentalism is a perversion of values, promoting that man should pursue the moral ideal of living as a caveman — in darkness, ignorance, and fear.

The brightest areas of the Earth visible from space are the most civilized – and the brighter, the more so. The lights are borne of man pursuing the moral ideal of individual rights — living in light, knowledge, and freedom.

Earth Hour proponents extol: “Watch for the famous lights of the Dallas skyline dim” — to be like Africa, Afghanistan, Cuba, former USSR, or North Korea. Be careful what we celebrate. We might get it.

If there ever becomes a real problem with the environment, knowledge (science) will be the moral answer, not living as a cavemen.

I am going to turn on every damn thing in my house for that hour, in celebration of living like a man — safe with my family, in a comfortable house with lights, heating and air conditioning, running water, indoor plumbing, refrigerators, cooking food, televisions, and computers.

Please join us tomorrow night to enjoy the pleasures and interesting discussions provided by rational society!

If you might be able to join us tomorrow night, please RSVP to help us plan!
http://www.meetup.com...­

-- Old Toad
A former member
Post #: 2
Todd:

I'm sure you've seen this. Maybe printing out a poster of same for the meet-up might be neat? Google images: "Lights of the world"

Also, a fun site for professional photos of city lights: http://www.deepesh.co...­

Note the photo of St. Petersburg, Russia--scroll to the 5th (large) photo.

Regards,
SB
"The mind never fully accepts any
convictions that it does not owe to
its own efforts."-- Frederic Bastiat

Old T.
OldToad
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 1,091
That's the photo I wanted to put in my e-mail, but I didn't have the link handy!

:==)
A former member
Post #: 3
Maybe for next time.
Karen G.
skgainey
Sulphur, OK
Post #: 90
It was wonderful!!!! Great food, great people!!