Midwest Meet a Geek Message Board Video Games › Sooo, Team Fortress,League of Legends,WOW, Left4Dead, COD, Halo, Dr.

Sooo, Team Fortress,League of Legends,WOW, Left4Dead, COD, Halo, Dr. Mario, Mario Kart,ect

Henry
user 58509412
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 7
I have to travel to either location since I live in Cleveland. I'd still be fine either way as long as we were gonna be their for a decent while. I'd hate to travel that far for 1-2 hours and then drive back. We'd have to make an evening of it.

Also, since Abraham brought it up earlier, we good with folks drinking at these? if so, if someone is deemed to drunk to drive home, will our hosts be willing to let that person crash for the evening rather then driving, or we just gonna call no bueno on that now? I'd hate to see someone have a few beers and get in trouble on the way home. Particularly if we're far out like Mentor, or even Akron in my case of being in Cleveland. I think they're both at least 30 min drives for me. Not sure where everyone else would be coming from.
Daniel
user 56174002
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 10
Sounds like fun to me, I'm in Lakewood now but more than wililng to drive, carpool or host things.
A former member
Post #: 4
Hmmm, I think that the easiest way is to have a DD if you plan on drinking and just carpool together. If worse came to worse than of course they could spend the night . I obviously don't want anyone hurt. This is purely for fun and enjoyment. If someone shows up that is going to ruin the night, then he will be removed. one way or another. Other than that, if Gaming is the focus, but if a group wants to watch anime or movies w/e I'm down.

Now as of location, I can host in Akron but if someone has a great place that will be ideal for doing this stuff at let me know. Preferably somewhere between Akron and idk Mentor. so that people that want to show up can.

Other than that I don't think that I personally can create the Meeting, but it will be every Saturday from 6pm to 2am unless Friday is better. My email is akeeton0714@gmail if you want to pm me.
Jenilee D.
MasterGeek
Group Organizer
Mercer, PA
Post #: 49
You actually can schedule the meeting. Just click on our calendar and there is a button that says suggest a meetup. Once two other people say they are going, it gets moved to our main calender, you can evenvset it up to be reoccurring. :)
A former member
Post #: 5
Thanks for the heads up! The group is created, I know that this Saturday probably no one will show up, but I wanted it to be available for those that were interested. Thanks guys and hope to see you there.
Pat N.
user 53028902
Akron, OH
Post #: 26
I dont know if this is still on the table as a regular thing considering the member who posted the thread apparently is listed as "a former member" But Id be interested in doing this on a weekend. Im free most, if not all Saturdays and almost all Sundays. I deffinitely could contribute a game system to this. Im in the middle of hunting down a modded Wii with all the older nintendo games already on it. Might have one by the end of the day if the guy will call me back. Id consider letting folks do it over here, but my grandfather is leery about letting anyone in the house that he or I dont already know beforehand. Ive done it before when I lived with my parents, but when I moved into his place and started renting off him, he made it fairly clear that he would rather I didnt do that over here. Its unfortunate, but Akron's more colorful side has worn him down over the years.

Still though, Im sure there ought to be a way we can arrange another of these.
Jenilee D.
MasterGeek
Group Organizer
Mercer, PA
Post #: 57
I'd be willing to host, I have all the systems already, but I don't have very many 2 player games. It's also a long drive for most people as I live all the way up in Mentor now.
Henry
user 58509412
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 16
I've been considering this for a while. I'm just trying to find a proper venue for it. Before I had a big house everyone could have played at, but I rented that out a few months back, so that's out. My new place isn't suitable. If I find somewhere I'll prob suggest a meetup.