Midwest Meet a Geek Message Board Meetup Ideas and Suggestions › I want to plan something fun

I want to plan something fun

Jenilee D.
MasterGeek
Group Organizer
Mercer, PA
Post #: 50
Once I'm done moving I want to have a party to relieve some of the stress :) I'm open to ideas but so far this is what I've come up with. Location will be near Mentor or Solon. Date will be Friday night, Saturday (any time), or Sunday (starting any time with everyone out no later than 2am).

Activities / Places / Ideas:

Anime/Pizza
Haibachi Steak House
Board/Card Games
Rockband (hubby and I have over 400 downloaded songs, plus all 3 rockband games and all the instruments)
BBQ/Clambake/Cookout/Potluck
Random Acts of Cosplaying, maybe out in public randomly
Bonfires/firepits (my house has a firepit ^^)
Videogames (I have every console but not many 2 player games since I'm more of an rpg enthusiast, so if people want to bring games, that'd rock)
Maybe halloween themed activities if any are going on in the area like corn mazes, hay rides, haunted houses, etc.
Pool party - but my pool isn't ready yet, trying to raise the bromine level and clean it out first. and it will be getting cold soon!

Locations include:
My new place in Mentor
Barnes and Noble in Mentor
Cinema at Great Lakes Mall in Mentor
Haibachi Steak House in Solon, OH
Panerra Bread in Solon OH
Possibly other ideas! :D

If anyone has any ideas, or would like to suggest something fun to do in late september / early october, post here :D
Pat N.
user 53028902
Akron, OH
Post #: 25
moving to mentor? but now you are farther from us Akronites.

but though Id be down with this so long as its on a saturday. Sundays might be doable for me depending on the week.

I do a pretty cool chicken casserole that I could make and bring.

Ive got some PS2 games I could bring, some of which are 2 player.
Jenilee D.
MasterGeek
Group Organizer
Mercer, PA
Post #: 51
Yeah I'm not too happy to be moving almost an hour away from my job either lol. but I'll still be in the solon area for work so that works out I suppose :) Hubby picked the location, wanted to be by his friends, and the car dealership where he got his sports car *ungh facepalm* lol. I feel tired, I feel like moving's never gonna end lol. Hopefully this saturday or sunday will be the last day of moving stuff :D.
A former member
Post #: 4
Welcome to Mentor!
There are plenty of geeks in this area, but we tend to hide.
Jenilee D.
MasterGeek
Group Organizer
Mercer, PA
Post #: 52
Thank you ^-^ the town seems like a lot of fun. I'm a "small town" girl, and even Solon felt "big" to me. My home town was so small that it did not even have a walmart (not that i particuarly like walmarts, but almost every town in america has one lol.) I like that Mentor has a lot of book stores :D Solon used to have a borders before they went under 2 years ago. I also like being close to the movies and the mall - the mall looked really nice and clean :) There's definitely a lot of restaurants in town too. Seems like a lot of fun potential geeky hang out spots. I stopped in Menchie's last week, it was really cute for an icecream shop, had kinda anime-ish looking mascots all over the place. :) I wanted the plushie ice cream cone so bad lol.