addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Ohio Valley Camera Club Message Board Ohio Valley Camera Club Discussion Forum › OVCC 2013 Exhibition at Maple Knoll

OVCC 2013 Exhibition at Maple Knoll

Rick
OVCCRick
Group Organizer
Cincinnati, OH
Post #: 3,018
The dates for this year's exhibition at Maple Knoll Village have been posted. If you have questions about posting your images or anything else, please ask here in this thread. Also, PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY AND ADHERE TO THE REQUIREMENTS. We actually had two images sold last year and the money could not be delivered because of lack of info and communication on the exhibitors part. So, please comply with all the requirements and if you don't understand or have questions, ASK.Please visit this link for all the pertinent information.
Kathy D.
user 3400455
Fairfield, OH
Post #: 24
Are gallery wraps acceptable?
Carol Lamb L.
user 37751662
Cincinnati, OH
Post #: 12
Do certain sized finished images sell better than others? IE: 11x14, 16x20? I would be submitting images for the first time and just wondering how to format? I would also like to know if Gallery Wraps are acceptable or if it's only framed, traditional prints? Thanks!
Larry S.
Larry-S
Independence, KY
Post #: 13
I went back and looked at the photos that sold last year to see if there was some theme or concept that really seemed to take hold. We had a lot of great photography on exhibit. Of those that sold it seemed like there were more landscapes than anything else, but there were some great landscapes that didn't sell. Birds seemed like a popular subject as well, but some excellent bird captures were passed over. There was also a fantastic still life and flower shot that sold. Other great pieces went back unsold to their creators. There doesn't appear to be any set formula for success other than to select shots that move you and display them in the medium and manner that you feel best showcases your artistic view.
Connie S.
PomMom1
Bellevue, KY
Post #: 1,648
Rick, in the instructions, it says that sawtooth hangers are acceptable. Would you please verify that? I know we had that in the instructions for the Christ Church exhibit, but I thought for Maple Knoll they needed wires on the back. I would like to know for certain. Thanks.
Connie S.
PomMom1
Bellevue, KY
Post #: 1,650
Are gallery wraps acceptable?

Yes, gallery wraps are acceptable. There have been a number of them in past exhibits at M.K.
A former member
Post #: 2
I would like to enter some images for the exhibition but will be on travel. The instructions indicated that prior arrangements can be made to drop them off outside of the posted dates/times but there isn't a POC listed. Also, is there a requirement to be in attendance for the opening reception? If so, I may have to pass on this.

Thanks!
Rick
OVCCRick
Group Organizer
Cincinnati, OH
Post #: 3,070
You don't have to be at the reception and you can contact me to make arrangements for drop off. Just hit my profile for an email form.
Kevin P.
user 4114493
Loveland, OH
Post #: 702
I'd like to try this out this year. Is there a certain file size needed to upload to the smugmug site? And also, is there a fee to enter if you are selected?
Rick
OVCCRick
Group Organizer
Cincinnati, OH
Post #: 3,086
Kevin,
No fee and no size requirements to upload. Actually, smaller file size is better. Don't know why I haven't made that point in the past, as I have some 25+mbers on there. lol