Ohio Valley Camera Club Message Board Ohio Valley Camera Club Discussion Forum › FotoFocus Volunteers Wanted

FotoFocus Volunteers Wanted

Rick
OVCCRick
Group Organizer
Cincinnati, OH
Post #: 3,407
Purpose: Volunteers will work with the FotoFocus team on a range of events and projects including gallery management and special event staffing.

Key Responsibilities: Volunteers may work event registration and provide general customer service to event attendees. Other tasks may include representing FotoFocus in a gallery space or on a marketing team.

Reports to: The FotoFocus Community Resource Manager

Location: Along with exhibitions and events at over 50 venues in the region, the 2014 Biennial will feature exclusive programming at Memorial Hall on October 8-12.

Time Commitment: Your time commitment is up to you; the Community Resources Manager will work with your specified availability. Many positions need to be filled August through mid November, 2014. A large number of volunteers are needed for the Biennial programming, October 8-12, 2014 at Memorial Hall.

Qualifications: Besides being pleasant, patient, and dependable, no special skill or previous experience is required to participate. The FotoFocus team will customize a position around any time or physical restrictions.

Support: Appropriate training will be provided prior to each shift, and the Community Resource Manager will be available for questions and assistance.

More information: FotoFocus is a non-profit arts organization whose mission is to present the finest in contemporary photography and lens-based art, and to produce events that are artistically, intellectually, and academically rigorous yet accessible and enriching to a diverse public. FotoFocus celebrates and champions photography as the medium of our time, and its ubiquity in contemporary culture with programming that ignites a dialectic between contemporary photo-based art and the history of photography.

For more information on the FotoFocus Biennial visit:
www.fotofocusbiennial.org

To sign up as a volunteer or for more information, email the FotoFocus Community Outreach Manager John Borntrager at volunteer@fotofocuscincinnati.org
John
user 11198886
Cincinnati, OH
Post #: 216
Thanks for posting this! Events like this need lots of volunteers and I look forward to meeting you and helping push photography to a wider audience. Please get the word out to all your photography friends and help pack the exhibits and events. I am really excited to be a part of this. :)
Connie
PomMom1
Bellevue, KY
Post #: 2,096
Hi, folks. Bumping this up to the top again. This started today, and John still needs volunteers.

If anyone wants the link to the sign-up sheet to see what times are available, e-mail me at consanphotos [@] gmail.com.

Thanks!
John
user 11198886
Cincinnati, OH
Post #: 223
Thanks Connie! Anyone interested can just email me at volunteer@fotofocuscincinnati.org I don't want to burden you with emails ;) ha ha