OHIO COMMON CAUSE Message Board › The Columbus Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Welcome to the Columbus Ron Paul 2008 MeetUp Group!!!
Welcome to the Columbus Ron Paul 2008 MeetUp Group!!!
A little about us...
The Columbus Ron Paul 2008 Meetup group was created in May of 2007, in order to help Ron Paul restore our country to the Constitutional Republic that the founders envisioned; and to restore our individual freedoms that have been eroded by politicians of both parties. Although Dr. Paul is running as a Republican, our group welcomes patriots of every political stripe who long for liberty, peace, and responsible government.
I have joined the Meetup group, now what?
So many people are excited about this campaign and don't want to sit on their hands waiting for the next Meetup. Luckily, there is much that you can do right now to help the campaign. Below is a list of a few of the things that you can do to get involved today.
1. Register with the national campaign. This will allow the campaign to communicate with you directly and allow them to demonstrate the level of support for Dr. Paul. There are no dues or formal obligations associated with joining the campaign.
2. While you are there, click the links to the YouTube, MySpace, Facebook, Digg, Eventful, and Flickr Ron Paul sites, and set up accounts. Join the Ron Paul groups, participate, watch the videos, and use the discussion groups.
3. Click on the link that says 'donate.' Whether it is $5, $50, or $500, money is the life blood of politics. The campaign needs money in order to raise money and to run a fifty-state campaign.
4. Go to Café Press, Ebay, and Google Products. Search 'Ron Paul' and order shirts, yard signs, stickers, ear muffs, and personalized back scratchers.
5. Educate yourself. Here is a list of great sites to learn about Dr. Paul, the philosophy of liberty, and the daily happenings in the campaign.
a. Ron Paul on Wikipedia
b. Daily Paul Blog
c. The Ron Paul Library
d. America: Freedom to Fascism
e. The Philosophy of Liberty
f. Ron Paul Audio
6. Pester your email list. You love your family, friends, and co-workers - right? You want them to live in a free nation with lots of opportunities - right? Then let them know that there is hope, and give them the chance to get involved themselves. Include links to the campaign site, Dr. Paul's Youtube channel, and 'America: Freedom to Fascism.' There are a number of great issues you can also use to target those things that are most important to your list, (Hemp, Alternative Health Care, 2nd Amendment, etc.), check out the issues section of the campaign web site for some ideas.
7. Sign up for Google and Yahoo News Alerts for 'Ron Paul.' When someone smears him, mischaracterizes him, or dismisses him; leave them a polite, but firm reply. Also consider sending a nice, but firm email so the media will know that we are watching and we won't let them get away with misinforming or under-informing the American people.
8. Attend the Meetup events! This is the best way to have an impact. By turning out a crowd for our events, we show our strength and our viability. The critics say that Dr. Paul is a nice guy and he's probably right - but he can't win. Recent appearances in Kansas City and Iowa drew hundreds of supporters, so we know that's not true. But the average voter doesn't know, and the media isn't talking about it. The Meetup events are also fun; we eat, we mingle, we make friends and discuss important topics that affect us all.
Again, it is our pleasure to welcome you to the Ron Paul Meetup group. We are glad you have decided to join us in our effort to return HOPE TO AMERICA!
Jason Rink, Organizer
Edited by Jason on Jul 20, 2007 1:31 AM