Thanks for visiting the home of the Women's Network of the Emerald Coast!
The network officially launched in January, 2012. The founder, Helene Choi, moved to Okaloosa County, FL in 2011 due to job relocation. Having left all her family and friends behind in the northeast, she realized the need to join a YP or social network in her new surroundings. However, she noticed a lack of such resources in the area… the closest organization was in Pensacola, which is at least an hour away! So she decided to start a group for driven, enthusiastic, and saavy young women in Okaloosa County. Helene (sadly!!) moved back to her hometown in November 2013, and the group is now being managed by Scarlet.
As we all know, networking is the heart of everything... knowing people makes it easier to find or change careers, make purchases, volunteer, have fabulous events, and a whole gamut of other things!
As a group of young professional women, we can do the following:
• Network – make it easier to change careers or find a better job by getting to know other people who are just as driven, smart, and ambitious!
• Volunteer – Volunteering is always easier as a group... we can make a tremendous difference by having multiple hands in any volunteer project.
• Socialize – Host monthly get-togethers and events, and just let loose and have a little fun!
• Camaraderie – Create lasting friendships and meet fabulous individuals you might not have otherwise met.
• Be Resourceful – Share resources, ideas, advice, and effort during times of need, live-changing events, or fighting for a cause. Because we’re a new group, we are currently a small group of women looking to expand. We hope to be a larger, stronger group in the coming months and years!
• Our members are currently in their 20’s and 30’s, and 40's.
• As a group, we are interested in social & business networking, and community involvement.
• We’re looking to build lasting friendships and strong camaraderie.
• We’re looking to make a difference in ourselves and help others.
• We have big goals in life and are confident we’ll achieve them!