Oklahoma Pinball Enthusiasts Message Board › Slingshots publicity?

Slingshots publicity?

Steve C.
user 91829512
Moore, SC
Post #: 8
So, when is someone going to get on one of the podcasts and chat this place up? :-)
I listen to all the pinball podcasts(I have a boring job) and think it'd be great advertisement.
I've already mentioned to Coast 2 Coast Pinball he needs to come by, but think he travels more coastal areas.
Just a thought.
Matt N.
NaturalProgress
Oklahoma City, OK
Post #: 7
So, when is someone going to get on one of the podcasts and chat this place up? :-)
I listen to all the pinball podcasts(I have a boring job) and think it'd be great advertisement.
I've already mentioned to Coast 2 Coast Pinball he needs to come by, but think he travels more coastal areas.
Just a thought.
THIS!!!^^^ Also, I was watching a livestream the other day. I believe it was on the geekgamer.tv site. (the site that PAPA TV is partnered with) One of the guys lives in Oklahoma and they were discussing pinball. They went out of there way to say "there are no places in Oklahoma to play pinball". This was painfully true until recently. But this was said after Dan started doing his thing. There are players out there that still don't know! Players in this state! Players who are heard by thousands of people via the internet and live streaming.

I'm not sure if this is doable. But if Cactus Jacks can be outfitted with an internet connection with at least 10mbps down and 5mpbs upload connection, we could stream tournaments on Twitch.tv and I would gladly help set it all up. I did some livestreaming for a short period and could get it all setup. If it develops into anything (ie. 400+ concurrent viewers) This could also generate some additional revenue for Slingshots as well as the obvious getting your name out there and informing people that there is a place to play quality pinball in Oklahoma. Not to mention, nobody is streaming arcade style gaming. (outside of papa throwing their hat into the ring, but they do not stream consistently at this point, so the void is still there waiting to be filled.)

On an interesting side note, a Saudi prince frequents the site and randomly donates tens of thousands of dollars to random streamers he finds entertaining. (at least i assume that's his logic) He goes under the name screen name Amhai and from what I've figured, he's donated several hundreds of thousands among multiple streams. Not saying this would happen, but the odds increase ever so slightly by having a stream on twitch. lol
Nate E.
njenabnit
Oklahoma City, OK
Post #: 20
I'm pretty sure my cell phone will get at least 10/5 in that area on 4G LTE. I like that idea though! We may not break any world records, but the publicity would be good!
Steve C.
user 91829512
Moore, SC
Post #: 12
I got CJ/Slingshot a couple of mentions on Coast 2 Coast pinball.
If anyone has a good camera, you could make a video of the pinball machines and I'm sure Pinball Soul would mention it. Just gotta let him know.