Old Town Sand Volleyball Message Board › TERPS CAN vball team lookin for fun players!

TERPS CAN vball team lookin for fun players!

Aaron
daooch
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 85
Hey! My CAN alumni team is running a bit short of alumni players. If you're TERPS grad and got most of your Sun late afternoons/early evenings open for Jan-Mar '14, we could use some strong A/AA level lady and guy players. Last year, we lost a tight championship final match in three games so we're lookin' to stay competitive. If seriously interested, gimme a holla! Happy vballin'!
Steverino
user 3938290
Kensington, MD
Post #: 154
Aaron,

I am interested. Our coed Rec team won our league championship last March. I am SERIOUSLY interested.

Steverino aka Steve Babecki
dedstevearchive at Yahoo dot com
Aaron
daooch
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 87
Hey Steve! Sorry for the late reply! My team just couldn't get enough serious interest so it never took off. A real shame but .... ppl move and have kids and get new jobs and all that grown-up stuff. Life happens! :-)

Thanks for the strong interest. Take care!

Ooch
Steverino
user 3938290
Kensington, MD
Post #: 157
Aaron,
we are looking for male players for OUR winter Volleyball team. We play on Friday nights in Rockville at Broome Gym, 751 Twinbrook Parkway. Matches are at 630 & 730 PM. We have four or five women players but are still getting guys to commit all the way up until New Years! One of our guys is NOW playing professional Tournament Tennis so he is lost to us. He won't jeopardize his pro earnings by playing amateur pick up or whatever. We ARE the defending champs again from last year but we need some strong male players.

As always, you are most welcome. Probably just as likely, as always, you will make sure to NOT be available to play with us. I get it but we could use your skills. Robin is out with back surgery so, it is me and Scott plus Players to be Named. I am checking now with my crew of friends who I play pickup with all over the DC region. I should be able to find some players but we are looking to take the championship and repeat from last year. So, think it over. Even 6 matches out of 11 would be helpful. Just saying.

Get in touch. So, did your team fold then? Dinks UNITED has been around continuously since 1999....without a gap so far......ever.

Please consider us. BTW, I know some places to play Sunday volleyball if you are interested. Actually, there is a seriously bitching group that plays killer ball up in South Carroll county near Liberty Reservoir west of Baltimore. They are mostly USAV A/AA players playing pickup. They WORE me out.

Stay in touch, Aaron. I can be reached at 202-441-8204. Take care, my friend. STAY THIRSTY!!!
Aaron
daooch
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 88
Hey Steve! Sorry for the late reply! I didn't notice your message 'til just now ..... odd. Good to hear that Dinks is goin' strong. Best of luck to Robin with his back, tho. We all got my own ortho issues so I can sympathize. Appreciate the open invite but playing Fridays just wouldn't be good for me. Between work and school during the week I'm a pretty lame duck by the time Fri evening comes around.

Hope the holidays treated you and your family well! Enjoy the New Year!