Wanna learn to code? Join us at the OlyMEGA Makerspace on Thursday, August 15 for our inaugural programming class!
This first class will familiarize students with the basic concepts and terminology of programming, and guide them through the process of creating and running their first program.
Concepts we'll introduce include:
- The anatomy and lifecycle of a computer program
- Variables, Functions, and Types
- Boolean (true/false) logic, Loops, and Conditional Statements
- Writing Clean Code: Formatting, indentation, and good naming practices
- Working with (and learning from) other people's code
Future classes will expand on this and cover things like Object Oriented Programming (OOP), advanced logic, and more. Your suggestions and requests during these initial classes will help us decide what to present next!
See you there!