rmcaven0305
Olympia, WA
Post #: 237
I am game for the one at Gabbis
queien
user 52733612
Olympia, WA
Post #: 15
Alright. I'll post the date and time once I know it.
Kevin C.
user 9278583
Rainier, WA
Post #: 10
I would be good with either one or both just whichever one people are more interested in.
queien
user 52733612
Olympia, WA
Post #: 16
Dates for events:

Today the 14th at 5 at Forever Knights: demos and possible booster draft and other events
Sunday the 16th (not sure time) at Forever Knights: prerelease booster draft ($15 to join) and other events
Saturday the 22nd at OCC (not sure on the time): Launch party

I'll be at the event today and the launch party, if people want to meet up. I have super short hair, a black jacket with gold buttons, and a black shoulder bag I carry almost everywhere that says "Port Townsend" and "they" on it. I answer to "Queien" (it's pronounced kway-en) or Lynn.
queien
user 52733612
Olympia, WA
Post #: 17
The event at OCC this Saturday will be at 3.
Patrick
user 116526692
Olympia, WA
Post #: 2
Queien, I haven't been checking this site much lately and missed the Ivory launch at OCC. My friends, who have never played, and I are going to be trying it out this Sunday. Let me know if you (or anyone else reading this) are (is) interested in joining us. There will be other games being played as well, Settlers of Catan, Forbidden Desert, and others.
queien
user 52733612
Olympia, WA
Post #: 18
I've been on vacation in a place that doesn't have an internet connection for the past few days, so I didn't see this until just now. What time were you thinking of meeting? I have a Paranoia game on Sundays that runs from about 2-6, but I could head to OCC after it's over.

Two or three of the employees at OCC play l5r. They're usually over in the card section, and you can ask them questions if you need any help.
queien
user 52733612
Olympia, WA
Post #: 19
Half the paranoia players cancelled last minute, so I headed over to OCC for a bit around 4. I didn't seen anyone playing l5r, but I did run into another guy who'd been wanting to play for a while, so I taught him the basics.

Apparently, the l5r people meet on Saturdays. I'm not sure the exact time, but I'll let you know when I learn it.
queien
user 52733612
Olympia, WA
Post #: 20
Tomorrow (Friday) at 5:30 at Forever Knight Games in the mall, there's going to be a tournament using sealed decks. https://www.facebook....­

Saturday at 10 AM at OCC is a tabletop game day with raffle tickets and the like. https://www.facebook....­

Also on Saturday from noon to 8 at SPSCC is a small tabletop convention. http://www.tabletopda...­

I'll be at the SPSCC event with one of my l5r decks from noon to 3 and then might come back later in the evening (I have a class from 4 to 6). I may or may not be wearing my black jacket with the gold buttons, but I will have a black Port Townsend shoulder bag with a "they" patch. I answer to Queien (kway-en) or Lynn. Hope to see you there!
Patrick
user 116526692
Olympia, WA
Post #: 3
Wow, the rules that come with the starters are absolutely atrocious! I am not sure who wrote them or if they were trying to piss people off or not, but yeah, bad. We played at my friends house last week, but she is out of town this week, so we will be at OCC at noon tomorrow. It sounds like you won't be there, but I am sure someone will take pity on us and help us learn the game! Maybe we will catch you there next week.