add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Olympia Geeks and Gamers Message Board › Go dungeon-delving in a style reminiscent of the old school

Go dungeon-delving in a style reminiscent of the old school

user 9785159
Lacey, WA
Post #: 135
This has been migrated from the "Suggested Meetups" section.

"Burning Wheel HQ's recently-successfully-kickstarted game Torchbearer uses dice pools and a strict inventory/light source management system to recall those halcyon days when you were first level, had but a single spell, and an angry housecat could kill you with a lucky roll. In this world, civilization has crumbled at the edges and the light of the world gutters low. Foul and evil things lurk in the dim reaches of the forest and gather in the lightless places under the earth. Amidst this slow slide into chaos and decay, the characters: down on their luck, bereft of job or inheritance, brought so low by the vicissitudes of life they must stoop to adventuring to get by. But! A lucky haul, the killing of an infamous scourge - this could aim your life's trajectory at the stars.

I can bring a bunch of pregenerated characters, an adventure, and a few copies of the book. All you need to bring are a handful of d6s, a pencil, and a certain tolerance for fate's cruel jests."

Saturday nights or sunday is good with me

Like · Reply · Yesterday · Mute

Gary M

Weird work schedules mean I'm really only good for later Saturday evenings, or pretty much anytime Sunday during the day. The 23rd or the 9th are both fine by me.

I forgot to add links! The Torchbearer site --http://www.torchbeare...­

The Kickstarter, done but still with some interesting information -- https://www.kickstart...­

Like · Reply · 2 days ago · Mute

this could really be fun.. the 2nd is drill weekend so that would be bad what about this weekend or the weekend of the 7th?

This sounds pretty interesting. As for date and time; I'd suggest March 2 say 1:00 at OCC?

user 33231482
Olympia, WA
Post #: 2
Did this ever happen, and is it still going? I'm a big fan of Luke Crane's games (done a lot of Burning Wheel and Mouseguard) and would totally pick up Torchbearer if there's a group for it.