addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Olympia Geeks and Gamers Message Board › Dungeons and Dragons Online Character Builder

Dungeons and Dragons Online Character Builder

A former member
Post #: 207
Hey guys I know there are many of us playing D&D right now, and Wizards has the D&D online which comes with many things, but has the online character builder. One account can hold many many characters. The account is 10.00 a month and I know a few of us alreayd have an account. My thought is why dont we all just pay for one account? One person can hold the account and just give out the username and password. This way if we all give a dollar we can all enjoy the benefits of D&D online.

I have been letting a few use my account and soon I will be changing the account password. I will let anyone use the account for 1 dollar a month. That really is not much guys. For one dollar we can all use it. What do you guys think?

Jason
A former member
Post #: 60
Are you talking about DDO? I thought DDO was free to play... ?
Andrew H.
MechaPowered
Olympia, WA
Post #: 117
It's actually called DDI, or D&D Insider, it's their subscription based service for alot of goodies and the character builder is updated atleast monthly. There's loads of stuff on it, a friend of mine holds an account :)
A former member
Post #: 61
AHH sounds neat, would be fun to check out.

I started playing Never Winter nights 2 with the wife, lots of fun muliplayer,
A former member
Post #: 208
Jordan I am JEALOUS I tried to get it to work on my computer and it wont work!
A former member
Post #: 62
Thats weird, what have you tried to do to get it to work?
Jenna M.
user 13200572
Olympia, WA
Post #: 13
Haha, I was just looking at NWN2 myself last night. It looks cool, but I hate the fact that the combat isn't turn-based. They say you can 'queue' actions up, but it's not something like... Final Fantasy combat. sad

But, the multi-player aspect seems pretty neat. How many can be in one party at a time?
Jenna M.
user 13200572
Olympia, WA
Post #: 14
lol I broke down and bought it anyway. biggrin lol
A former member
Post #: 64
I think its 2-6 or 2-8 players. I got it on Steam the other day when the platinum edition was 10$ on sale. Pretty awesome sale IMO. Anyways we should all get a game going some time. I want to make a Monk or Ranger I think (i have a pally that is lvl 5 but they seem pretty weak so far imo. Maybe im not use to D&D?) But anyways its pretty cool and like I said my wife has a copy as well so we play together and so I know hosting multiplayer works. I tried it from my Laptop over my phones 3g connection and we were playing just fine across that as well. It looks like anybody can jump in at any time on our game or we can start a new one and give it a go on the campaign. The only thing that annoys me about the multiplayer is when you are talking to an NPC nobody else can do anything while the conversation is going on if its a cut scene or just general talking to start a buy and sell, it stops it for everybody while the window is up so they can read the conversation as well. Only the person who initiates the conversation can answer on it also so having a vent server or something would be handy.
A former member
Post #: 96
If at anytime someone would like to use DDI, I have an account with WOTC. I only use the account to get the DRAGON and DUNGEON magazines anyways since I do not play 4.0.

I also have NWN 2 and willing to play multiplayer online. Just let m eknow when you all want to do that...

Will