Olympia Geeks and Gamers Message Board › Olympia Roleplayers! Guild

Olympia Roleplayers! Guild

A former member
Post #: 20
Ahoy Me Hardies,
I sent a group e-mail on this a week or so ago and did not get very much in the way of response, so, I thought I'd give it a shot here. I've set up a guild for members of this Meet-Up group on boardgamegeek.com/rpggeek.com at the following url:
http://www.boardgameg...­

The purpose of having yet another online home for our collection of gamers is primarily so that we can collectively utilize the geek database management tools. The idea is that the lot of us can sign up and join the guild and then input what games we own, what games we'd like to own, and what games we'd like to play. Then, we would be able to browse each other's information and find people who want to play the same games as we do as well as potential gaming partners.

Looking to play a particular game but don't want to shell out the cash? Chances are, one of us owns that game and would be willing to play it with you.
Looking to refresh your game collection but don't want to shell out the cash to buy new games? Find someone who wants to trade. _gamegeek allows one to tag their collections with what they want to trade and what they want to trade for and then run a search. Voila! A list of people who want to trade the game you want and also desire one of the games you have to trade. If that person's in our guild, no shipping charges. Beautiful! Oh, you can trade video-games too (I bring this up because there seemed to be a desire to trade video games at the last meet-up I was at.)
So, feel free to join the guild, I think it would be a more effective way of discovering what exists in our community without taking shots in the dark.

Yarrrgh!
A former member
Post #: 80
I gotta be honest, I might trade games here on this site, but I'm not planning to use the other one to input my information. It's just too much for me to try to keep track of.
A former member
Post #: 21
I appreciate your honesty and respect your position. With all the sites there are on the web that require signing up and data entry, it can be a bit overwhelming. For me, this one is worthwhile as its facilitated multiple mutually advantageous trades and also turned me onto several excellent games that I would've otherwise not heard of, but then, I'm not on Facebook or really any other sign-in sites, so it's easy enough to have just one password to remember outside of the e-mail.
If you're ever in a gamey mood with five minutes to spare, I encourage you to check it out. It really has some quite handy tools and a large, searchable game database.
Roger!
A former member
Post #: 127
Try and tell someone that who owns 8700 lbs of RPG material collected over the past 35 years and owns 252 boardgames and various expansions....LOL
Eve
user 9785159
Lacey, WA
Post #: 118
I thought the guild at boardgamegeeks was a good idea. I already had an account so went ahead and entered and small rpg collection. I don't have much in the way of board games either, so that was easy enough (I'm sure I'm missing some, though.)

I tried to send out an email but it wouldn't let me mass-reply.
A former member
Post #: 22
Try and tell someone that who owns 8700 lbs of RPG material collected over the past 35 years and owns 252 boardgames and various expansions....LOL
That would take quite a lot of time to account for your full collection! Jimminy criminal! That you even have a quantitative inkling of what you own is amazing enough! What I would recommend if you're dealing with that amount of material and still want to participate, is just adding to the database games you particularly want to trade or play the most. Although I own about 100+ games, most of them I don't particularly want to play, so it's easier for me to focus on the ones I do.
A former member
Post #: 23
I thought the guild at boardgamegeeks was a good idea. I already had an account so went ahead and entered and small rpg collection. I don't have much in the way of board games either, so that was easy enough (I'm sure I'm missing some, though.)

I tried to send out an email but it wouldn't let me mass-reply.

I think I got that e-mail and noticed you'd joined. I checked out your collection and there are some titles I'm interested in, but you haven't checked which ones, if any, are available for trade or which ones you'd like to play.
Regardless, I'm glad you joined- welcome!