addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Omaha Live Music and Movie Enthusiasts Message Board › upcoming shows

upcoming shows

A former member
Post #: 1
Sorry I couldn't make it to Son Volt the other night - I had a ticket, but got a flat tire so I couldn't make the drive from Lincoln. Anyways, I have some suggestions for upcoming shows that I wanted to let you all know about. I already have tickets to a few of them.

5/30 - Blitzen Trapper (Bourbon Theatre, Lincoln)
6/3 - Langhorne Slim (The Waiting Room, Omaha)
6/15 - The Hold Steady (The Waiting Room, Omaha)
7/3 - The Avett Brothers (Stir Concert Cove, Council Bluffs) - I'll be on vacation, but would be there if I was going to be in town
8/1 - The Black Keys (Mid America Center, Council Bluffs)
8/19 - The Faint (Slowdown, Omaha) - I have tickets to the 8/18 show that's already sold out, but there should still be tickets for this show
9/20 - Built to Spill (Slowdown, Omaha)
Ed
user 5708922
Omaha, NE
Post #: 72
I already have a GA floor ticket to the Black Keys. And I have quite a few shows to add to the list...

5/27 (tonight) Heartless Bastards, Waiting Room
5/29 Best Coast w/ Jeff the Brotherhood, Slowdown
6/1 Flogging Molly, Sokol Auditorium
6/8 Mynabirds album release, Slowdown (local indie pop/rock)
6/13 Walk the Moon, Waiting Room
6/16 BSO Bluesfest, Stinson Park, Aksarben Village (starts at 4:30 PM)
6/16 Blue Bird CD release (local indie-pop), Waiting Room
6/17 Blues at Bel Air (121st & W. Center, FREE, 4-8 PM)
6/19 Foxy Shazam, Waiting Room
6/22 Rock Paper Dynamite w/Snake Island & Dim Light, Waiting Room (local rock/garage rock)
6/23 Dessa, Waiting Room (female MC from Minneapolis hip-hop collective Doomtree)
6/24 Buddy Guy & Jonny Lang, Stir Cove
6/28 The Whipkey Three, Waiting Room (local rock 'n roll)
7/2 Lucero, Waiting Room
7/5 Eli Mardock, Waiting Room (local indie rock)
7/6 311, Stir Cove
7/6 Dick Dale, Waiting Room
7/7 Saturday in the Park, Grandview Park, Sioux City, IA (FREE festival, headlined by Wilco!)
7/10 - 7/15 Nebraska Pop Festival (location TBA)
7/11 Ingrid Michaelson, Slowdown
7/13-7/14 Zoofest 2012, outside the Zoo Bar, Lincoln
7/21 Satchel Grande, Waiting Room (local 9-piece funk band)
7/22 Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Stir Cove
7/25 BoDeans, Waiting Room
7/26 Cake, Stir Cove
7/28 Playing With Fire, Lewis & Clark Landing (FREE blues festival)
7/29 Weezer, Stir Cove
8/3 Hullaballoo Music & Camping Festival, River West Park (blues/funk/jam-oriented festival)
8/7 My Morning Jacket w/Band of Horses, Pinewood Bowl, Lincoln
8/11 MAHA Music Festival, Stinson Park, Aksarben Village (headlined by Garbage)
8/20 Andrew Bird, Holland Center
8/21 Lyle Lovett and his Large Band, Holland Center
9/6 Matisyahu, Stir Cove

I should also mention that the new Wes Anderson film "Moonrise Kingdom" (starring Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, Tilda Swinton, and Jason Schwartzman) opens exclusively at Film Streams on 6/29.

Ed
A former member
Post #: 10
Thank you both for giving us a nice rundown of the summer. I'll definitely be going to Built to Spill, The Shins, the Wilco show in Sioux City, Rock Paper Dynamite, The Hullaballoo festival, MAHA, the Bodeans, and My Morning Jacket/Band of Horses. I'll probably try catching Matt Whipkey's band because I've been telling him I'll catch one of his shows.

And of course, Ed knows how much I love Wes Anderson and his brood...so I'll be going to Filmstreams for Moonrise Kingdom on the first night it shows. :)

Thanks again, folks..
Kurt
user 11231668
Omaha, NE
Post #: 1
I have most all of these shows on my website, OmahaNightOutGuide.com, I generally update the calendar twice a month and keep a steady eye on all music events, national, regional and local; originals, tributes and covers.

I also book shows, some may be pretty heavy, but I have three on the slate this summer:

June 16th - Wet Radio, Empire Fall + 2 TBA - Shamrocks
June 19th - Spineshank (Grammy Award Nominee), The Agonist, 9Electric, Mureau, Fear Sight and A Differtent Breed - Knickerbockers in Lincoln.
July 3rd - Soulicit (from Wichita; have toured with Buck Cherry and many more; performed at Rocklahoma and South by Southwest this year), with Paradigm Shift, Anestatic and Wet Radio - Shamrocks

Of note, I am managing the daily operations of Wet Radio, who did a show for me in mid-April. On June 9th we go to the studio to lay down some tracks for the June 16th show. I will be shooting video of the band that night as well. They will be supporting that CD on July 3rd and play with some of Omaha's best local bands and get their first exposure to a national touring band in Soulicit.

Of course there are many more and they can be found on my website at OmahaNightOutGuide.com­
Kurt
user 11231668
Omaha, NE
Post #: 2
Through the Stone (http://www.reverbnati...­) CD Release show at The Waiting Room on August 11th - http://www.omahanight...­

Screaming for Silence (http://www.reverbnati...­) are having their EP Release show at The Waiting room on September 7th - http://www.omahanight...­

OmahaNightOutGuide.com 3rd Anniversary Show w/Paisty Jenny, Machree (STL), Anestatic, Through the Stone and Wet Radio at Slowdown on October 19th - http://www.omahanight...­