Omaha Live Music and Movie Enthusiasts Message Board › Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Melody
user 12277140
Group Organizer
Fremont, NE
I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and to thank-you all for making the last 8 months fun for all the members of Live Music and Movies Enthusiasts .  There are several exciting things that are coming up that will be new for our group for both movies and music and we will adding on another segment to our group.

As far as live music is concerned, many have made excellent suggestions for concerts and live music. Thank-you! Unfortunately, it is a bit harder to coordinate meet ups where assigned seating or semi- assigned seating is involved or larger ticket prices are concerned. We will be adding a folder onto our discussion tab just for Live Music Enthusiasts to share what concerts are coming to Omaha, to see who else may be going, or to invite others to join them in attending a concert and to coordinate that without having to post in on the front page. Friday, we are joining another group to see the New Zealand band "Like a Storm" at Shamrocks Pub and Grill. It has been recommended to by tickets at etix.com but I am not quite positive they will sell outa nd they are available at the door. I am heading there about 7:30 if you want to come at the last minute give me a call and I can ask if they are sold out.

A couple exciting things are being planned for the movies enthusiasts in our group. On December 1st, the Oscars will be 90 days away (the date is set for March 2, 2014) A couple of weeks ago we attended 12 Years a Slave directed by Steve McQueen. I highly recommend seeing it if you didn't join us as the movie will be sure to nominated this year. We will be seeing several other movies during the 90 days up to the Oscars (Sunday, we will be seeing Dallas Buyers Club) and we are currently planning to host an Oscars costume  party on the weekend of the Awards. Another series of events we will be doing for the movies enthusiasts include Family Matinee Meetups. We will be joining a couple other groups in seeing movies that are rated PG or PG-13. The first event will be to see Saving Mr. Banks on December 29th.

Finally, as some of you know, my sister, Pam,  that has co-owned and is the artistic director comedy club for over 25 years in Minneapolis. Stevie Ray and her actually started the comedy troop when she was 17 years old and many of their comedians have gone on to do work in Chicago, New York, and LA. I would like to add a Comedy Night meetup about once a month to our events. Any suggestions are always welcome.
As a reminder, The Live Music and Movies Enthusiasts Meetup group is an open community meetup group where all member are Co-Organizers and are encouraged to post and host meetups of their own once they feel comfortable with the group.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with good things!

Happy Thanksgiving,
Best to all,
Melody