align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Omaha Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Omaha Photography Meetup Group is now charging membership dues

Omaha Photography Meetup Group is now charging membership dues

Heidi C.
hconfer
Group Organizer
Omaha, NE
Hi PhoOmahtographers,
Omaha Photography Meetup Group has started charging $2.00/month to cover costs of running this Meetup.
We are charging dues so we can:

• Cover Meetup costs
  • Help compensate organizers
  • Encourage more engaged members
  • Have a reserve fund
  • Provide supplies or equipment

You can pay online here. Once you sign up for dues, you will be automatically billed each month. You will always be reminded before each charge, and you can cancel your dues at any time.

I have provided this meetup group free of charge for almost 4 years with no compensation. I feel a $2.00 membership fee could help compensate the cost I've incurred, but more importantly, I will use the fees to save for prizes for monthly challenges, and give aways during events. Please let me know if there are any questions or concerns.

HAPPY SHOOTING!
Heidi Confer
Heidi C.
hconfer
Group Organizer
Omaha, NE
Post #: 71
I am not collecting fees to make a profit for myself. That isn't how I operate. If I was, I would have been charging dues long before now. I have been paying the monthly fees for almost four years now. Here is what I promise. With the monthly dues, we will have monthly meetup challenges with prize awards. We will be able to take group trips and rent a bus without having to drive. The funds will only benefit the group.