Some of us had a conversation about getting a standing Sunday afternoon ride going and to that end I am posting this ride.
This is intended to be a casual Sunday afternoon pick up ride for the duration of the winter/cooler months, on days when weather permits. Because this will always be a "pick-up" ride, I will try my best to define what that means with the following bullet points.
- There will typically NOT be a designated ride leader or sweep.
- There will likely NOT be any "no-drop" policy in effect. Although our group is very diverse in terms of abilities and tends to generally look out for one another, anyone who shows up should always be prepared for the possibility of riding solo. (e.g. able and equipped to deal with any issue that might arise, on your own).
- The designated ride host(s) may not always be in attendance (and riders don't have to wait for their arrival to depart on the ride).
- The group (or sub-groups) may depart at any time from 1:00 on (late arrivals may not necessarily be waited on as is typically done on weekly in season rides).
- The ride will likely not ever be officially canceled due to weather since it's basically a "who ever shows up" type of ride.
- This ride will typically be at least 32 miles (Northwest Passage Loop), but there are a many routes that emanate from BJP and the group and sub-groups can do whatever route they like before departing. I've pasted links to several routes below ranging from 21 to 60+ miles.
Having said all that disclaimer stuff, the idea is to take advantage of the relatively mild winters we enjoy in our area and have a fun, casual weekly ride for folks who want to ride year round. As always, all are welcome!
Beaver Dam Loop (21 miles)
Northwest Passage (32 miles)
Creedmoor Loop (45 miles)
Assault on Flat Rock Rd (45 miles)
Assault on Mt. Energy (57 miles)
NCBC Fall Rally Metric Century
NCBC Fall Rally English Century