July 4, 2013 · 8:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
I will be out of town, but wanted to let folks know about this ride. It was really fun last year: Join us for the 21st Anniversary of the Firecracker ride as 900+ cyclists get together to celebrate the 4th of July with a scenic ride through Wake County.
Ride begins at Saltbox Village in Cary.
Please park off of Commonwealth or Kilmayne just north of the Hibernian.
50K Route [GPX] 100K Route [GPX]
As in previous years, the ride will start from Saltbox Village in Cary. Rest stops with food and refreshments will be provided on both routes. Hibernian Restaurant and Pub will again host a post-ride party.
The below information is the current 2013 plan, but is subject to change. Updates will be made as the dates approaches so check back.
Bring the family! Hibernian will also be open during the ride allowing your non-cycling companions to enjoy treats while they wait for you. We'll have:
- plenty of sodas and watermelon to help everyone keep cool,
- live music,
- the July 4th Tour de France stage will be shown 'live'
- the first 700 registered riders will also receive free frozen custard from Goodberry's.
Massage services will be provide after the ride by Hands On Health for $1 per minute up to 20 minutes with 20% of proceeds going to MS.
A buffet is available for purchase below for $11.50. Buffets may also be purchased on the day of the ride at the Hibernian Restaurant for $13.00. Join all the cyclists as we take over the Hibernian with the Tour de France all the TVs! Come root your favorite team or rider on that day's stage with a fine draft beer.
As in previous years, we cover the BikeReg fees and the first t-shirt when you register today!
- Online Registration for Ride and T-shirt Closes: Wednesday, June 19th, 2013 at 12:01 AM, Eastern Standard Time
- Pre-registration packets can be picked up before the ride on Saturday, June 29th and Monday-Wednesday, July 1-3rd at the All Star Bike Shop, located at the Salt Box Village in Cary.
- Online Registration for Ride with no Pre-registration Packet Closes: Wednesday, July 3rd, 2013 at 10:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time
- Day of registration is open at 6:30 AM.