Feb 4, 2014 · 6:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
During these off-season (for some of us!) months, let's stay connected to each other, to cycling, and to La Cocina (maybe) by reading and discussing a book or two about cycling.
The second selection in our series is "The Lost Cyclist: The Epic Tale of an American Adventurer and His Mysterious Disappearance," by David Herlihy. The book offers "a riveting tale of tragedy, pride, and naivete that is both brilliantly told and meticulously researched. Opinions may differ as to whether Lenz was unaware or unconcerned by the inherent dangers he faced, but the story of his fateful journey belongs on the varied shelves of cycling enthusiasts, mystery fans, and nonfiction devotees alike" (Amazon review).
We will meet at Pat's house in Raleigh. (Address was sent to those who RSVP'd. Send message to Lisa if you need Pat's address.)
So, much is still to be decided; but we do now have a book and a date and time, so you can start reading over the holidays!
Below are some options for book acquisition:
• Durham County Library: http://tinyurl.com/m6u6q7j
• Wake County Library: http://tinyurl.com/py3mjom
• Google Book: http://tinyurl.com/kf9388l
• Amazon Kindle: http://tinyurl.com/m243c9w
• Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/m3l97nv
• The Regulator (Durham): http://tinyurl.com/q9wx6zp (will have to order)
• Quail Ridge (Raleigh): http://tinyurl.com/ntvhpad (on shelves now)
• Audible.com: http://tinyurl.com/q9vbadg