add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Toronto University, College & Graduate Students Meet Up Message Board › Dreamweaver CS5.5 on Mac OS Lion Question

Dreamweaver CS5.5 on Mac OS Lion Question

A former member
Post #: 28
Hi All,

Don't know if anyone can help me with this, but I don't know where else to turn. I recently switched from PC to Mac and installed Dreamweaver CS5.5 on my new Macbook Pro.

Problem: When trying to preview my .asp pages, I can't do this on my local hard drive. DW gives me a message saying the page contains server-side code and that I'd need to specify a server. Well, I entered my website address, but to my dismay, I discovered that the only way to "preview" my page is to save and upload it to the live server. But this defeats the point of "previewing" no?

So I Googled around and read an article on how Adobe disabled .asp behaviours on their latest DW version. The article then said to use the Adobe Extension Manager to install these disabled behaviours. Yay, I thought I found the answer - but no :( Didn't work.

Is there anyone out there who uses these 2 products and if so, can you please help me? O else, does anyone know who they could refer me to for help?

I just want to be able to preview my .asp pages locally before having to upload them to a live server. On the PC, it was so simply, just enable IIS components or PWS. No charge. Is there not anything like the Mac?

Thanks and sorry for the long ramble. Input would be greatly appreciated.