This group is for nice people with an open and curious lifestyle. Age is not a factor. Favorite topics include sustainability, internet, business and music.
What we will be doing with Open Minds
For upcoming months, we will gather at inspiring places, where we talk about things like electronic music · future · new technology · sustainable living · entrepreneurship · internet. Our common goal is to expand our world view and look ahead.
Are you a good fit for this group?
• are you interested in any of the above subjects?
• do you love to gain new knowledge in general?
• do you consume more than articles than the number of hours you sleep?
• you're quirky, but receptive to other opinions?
• are you good company?
If you answered 4 our of 5 questions with 'yes', you should come to our next meeting!
How often will Open Minds meet?
We start off with once a month.
What types of Meetups / activities can you expect?
Here are some ideas:
• gift-evenings (for example: bring an interesting book for someone else);
• online meetups (google hangouts) for sharing documentaries, articles and music;
• five minute talks (short presentations to get people interested in subjects);
• documentary-evenings in the cinema (watch, learn and discuss).
• and more...
Why this group: Open Minds?
In the rush of everyday life we often forget to pause for a moment, in order to gain more knowledge through meeting new like-minded people. Open Minds wants to be that pause.
What do we expect from our members?
In short: engagement. When there is a meetup, try hard to be there. Got a new interesting article? Share it! Got a new idea for our next meetup? Let the group know...
What should members expect from the organizers?
We will look for great locations to have meetups. In the longer term, when we start with five minute talks, we will also be organizing the financial part for the location, drinks, food, etc.
Why you should join
This group is truly inspiring and a way to escape the issues of the day. We look ahead while learning and meeting new people at the same time. It's just great fun!