Dear ODBH member,
I just wanted to send a brief email to bring you up to date about plans for the Open-data Cities Conference at Brighton Dome Corn Exchange on Friday, April[masked].
I'd also like to thank everyone who has been so supportive so far. Please tweet or retweet about it if you can.
Most importantly, there is still a little more time to buy "Super Early Bird" tickets for only £50 each. Simply use special promotional code = ODBH.
As you may have seen, it was announced today that I have left Cogapp, to focus full-time on the conference and its associated projects. Exciting times!
The conference website will go live shortly, in advance of a formal marketing launch on February 1. I'm hoping to invite to combine a Cogapp leaving event with an #ODBH drinks party later this month.
Currently, the [provisional] line-up of speakers for the conference - to be confirmed in the next couple of weeks - includes:
- Mike Bracken, Executive Director Digital at the Cabinet Office;
- Emer Coleman, Deputy Director of Digital Engagement at the Government Digital Service (and former Director of Digital Projects at the Greater London Authority);
- Leigh Dodds, Chief Technology Officer at Kasabi, the semantic web and data marketplace specialists;
- Jonathan Carr West, Director at Local Government Information Unit;
- Simon Rogers, Editor of The Guardian's Datablog and Datastore;
- Chris Parker, Founder of the GeoVation open innovation network at Ordnance Survey;
- Rufus Pollock, Co-founder and director of the Open Knowledge Foundation;
- Tom Steinberg, Director of mySociety.
In addition, I'm hoping to attract a headline speaker from the United States (such as, in my dreams, John Tolva
, chief digital officer of Chicago; Rachel Sterne
, chief digital officer of New York; or Vivek Kundra
, former White House chief information officer under Barack Obama).
There's still a long way to go. And there's more fantastic news to follow soon about the involvement of our friends at Kasabi
But I'll leave that for another day.
Many thanks and best wishes,