Open Data Brighton and Hove Message Board › Important:: Jason Kitcat at next ODBH meeting

Important:: Jason Kitcat at next ODBH meeting

Greg H.
user 11285989
Brighton, GB
Dear member,

Following the Brighton and Hove City Council elections, I am delighted to report that Jason Kitcat will attend the next ODBH meeting at 7.30pm on Wednesday, June 8 at The Quadrant.

Jason, a Green Party councillor, is Cabinet member for Finance and Central Services on the city council. He is Foundation Coordinator at the Open Knowledge Foundation.

He is keen to discuss with us how the council can help transform Brighton and Hove into an open-data city. Specifically, he will be interested in immediate next steps that can achieve tangible results.

This will be perhaps our most important meeting to date and I hope to see a big turnout and would be grateful if you are able to attend.

Separately, I have spoken at a number of national events about open-data cities, including OpenTech and News Rewired.

At OpenTech - where I was submitted to an embarrassing video interview - I met @JulianLstar (from Open-data Manchester) and @jagusti (from Open-data Sheffield). There was also a lot of interest from other cities at News Rewired.

Inspired by these discussions, I'd like to discuss plans for an Open-data Cities Conference in the autumn, ideally to be held in Brighton and Hove. I'm sure it will attract a lot of attention.

Finally, there are exciting developments to report relating to the Brighton Fuse project and to the Kasabi data marketplace created by Talis.

To find out more about all these, please attend at 7.30pm on Wednesday, June 8 at The Quadrant.

Best wishes,

Greg Hadfield