addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Open Data Brighton and Hove Message Board › Reminder about Jason Kitcat at tomorrow's meeting

Reminder about Jason Kitcat at tomorrow's meeting

Greg H.
user 11285989
Brighton, GB
Hi,

Just a quick note to remind you about tomorrow's meeting: Wednesday, June 8 at 7.30pm at The Quadrant.

As you know, Jason Kitcat (@jasonkitcat), the Green Party councillor and Cabinet member for Finance and Central Services, is keen to engage with as many people as possible about the next steps towards an open-data Brighton and Hove.

He is Foundation Coordinator at the Open Knowledge Foundation and is very interested in this area.

Also, I'm hoping that Tom Bailey (@BomTailey) and I will have more to say about ambitious plans - rapidly firming up - for the UK's first "Open-data Cities Conference" we're planning for November 2011 or February 2012.

I know many other members have been contributing via Twitter and elsewhere, so it will be great if we can get a big turnout tomorrow.

Meanwhile, if you haven't had a chance to read it yet, I'd recommend the excellent State of the City report published (.pdf) by Brighton and Hove City Council last week.

See you tomorrow,

Greg