addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Open Data Brighton and Hove Message Board › See you Tuesday....

See you Tuesday....

Greg H.
user 11285989
Brighton, GB
Dear ODBH member,

Just a quick note to say I'm looking forward to another great turnout at Cogapp's offices at 7.30pm on Tuesday evening. Please feel free to bring a friend!

I'm afraid I haven't been able to schedule a vist from Kasabi. Maybe next time!

But I can promise you an interesting presentation from Paul Brewer (@pdbrewer­), head of performance (children's services) at Brighton and Hove City Council.

There will also be a brief update about some new datasets from Jack McAngus (@rocketgarden­), the city council's web development lead.

From me, I'm delighted to confirm that the UK's first open-data cities conference will take place at Brighton Corn Exchange on Friday, April 20 2012.

There's been some very encouraging support from the city council. And I'm in early discussions with possible sponsors, including IBM Smarter Cities.

I also hope we'll have time to watch a video presentation from ex-IBM executive John Tolva (@Immerito­), who is now Chicago's chief technology officer - and someone I have invited to speak at next April's conference.

Separately, you may be interested in a brief article that I wrote at the request of The Argus - Aristotle and an open-data Brighton and Hove - the text of which I have posted on the ODBH blog.

Best wishes,

Greg