Open Data Brighton and Hove Message Board › One week to go...

One week to go...

Greg H.
user 11285989
Brighton, GB
Hi,

With exactly a week to go to the Open-data Cities Conference, I just wanted to update you with the planned running order (see below).

I know a lot of ODBH members have already bought tickets. If you're not one of them, there's still time to buy one of the few remaining tickets.

I hope you've seen/heard a lot of the buzz about the conference.

Most recent was the BoingBoing preview, which resulted in more than 300 visits to the conference website in less than 12 hours. And for which I am grateful to Adam Oxford (@adamoxford), who alerted them to our event.

I'm also grateful to Adam Tinworth (@adders) for a great blogpost today and to Frank le Duc (aka @BHcitynews) for an equally fine article in The Latest magazine.

Let's hope the conference lives up to the hype. I hope to see you there.

Best wishes and thanks,

Greg

Schedule for the Open-data Cities Conference (may be subject to change):

9.15am-9.55am: Registration

9.55am-10am: This is Brighton, a video by Caleb Yule

10am-10.30am: John Barradell, chief executive of Brighton and Hove City Council

10.30am-11am: Leigh Dodds, chief technology officer of Kasabi

11am-11.15am: Break

11.15am-11.45am: Jonathan Carr-West, director, director of Local Government Information Unit

11.45am-12.15pm: Tom Steinberg, founder and director of mySociety

12.15pm-1pm: Drew Hemment, founder and chief executive of FutureEverything, and Bill Thompson, head of partnership development, archive development at the BBC

1pm-2pm: Presentations and Q&A in Founders Room, including a showcase of the Map the Museum project

2pm-2.30pm: Lean Doody, associate at Arup

2.30pm-3pm: Emer Coleman, deputy director of digital engagement at the Government Digital Service

3pm-3.15pm: Break

3.15pm-3.45pm: Ian Holt, senior developer programme manager at Ordnance Survey

3.45pm-4.15pm: Laura James, foundation coordinator at the Open Knowledge Foundation

4.15pm-4.45pm: "Open mic": lightning contributions from the floor

4.45pm-5.15pm: Greg Hadfield, founder of Open Brighton and Hove