First of all, thanks to all that came yesterday. It was really heart
warming to see so many people at this first meetup, I had hard time
1) I put a page to organise a bit the notes taken at the meet up (Thanks
Hugo!). I didn't put everything. I summed up on the workshops and cut
short people's description (better put that on each people's page. Tell
me if you feel I should add other questions to the profile's page). If
you want the raw data, you can check it out at
2) For now everything is open to edit (pages, meetup, mailing list,
discussion boards, pictures...) or at least is meant to be, tell me if
it's not the case. Any member can more or less do what they want except
ban-hammering people around or closing the meetup... We'll see how it
goes and how messy it becomes. In the best of the worlds it'd stay this way.
3) There is already a thread about a possible workshop, perfect. There
were quite few ideas around already, Python, Processing, Web dev,
Java... Don't hesitate to send a message on the mailing list, and if it
fails, don't hesitate to repeat in a few months. The community is
expected to grow a lot in the upcoming months as we go present OTS to
the open world.
4) It's not super clear how a workshop goes and what it needs. I'll try
to updated the "about" page or create a specific page to precise how it
5) You should see in the upcoming days two new pages : "How to start a
workshop", and another one on the explanation of the different roles
"Organiser, Coaches and Students".
6) Still not sure how we can share "Needs and Offers" about skills.
Still not sure it's necessary. Let's do without for now and see how it
goes. (ie: if you need or want to offer, send a mail on the mailing list
to check interest and create a group of enough people before creating an
7) There is a presentation at La Fabrique (Mons, around 5 October). I
can't do it, if anybody is interested, please tell me. (no need to know
a lot about OTS, see that as speech practising...)
8) There should be a way for coaches of one workshop to mail among
themselves (same for organisers). Not sure yet how to make it work in
the best way. Any ideas are welcomed (even better if through Meetup
website or OTS official website).
9) Not sure exactly how to use and differentiate between the mailing
list and the discussion page on Meetup. Not sure if we'll keep both. Any
10) Such long mail are expected to not happen anymore after organisation
Thank you again for being part of OTS Bxl, and thanks to the hsbxl to
have welcomed us!