Inka Grill was founded 16 years ago in Costa Mesa as a small family restaurant reflecting their Peruvian heritage. I have arranged for us to eat "family style" which means we can sample from a wide variety of dishes. We will split the bill equally (except for alcohol) and the price of the dinner (without tax and tip) will be about $18. I would be happy to make one or two of the entrees vegetarian for participants who cannot eat meat. Our featured entrees will be:
1) Seco de Cordero Norteno or Lamb Stew: This dish can have a kick as it is flavored by the aji amarillo pepper.
2) Loma Saltado (pictured): This dish reflects the Asia influences in Peruvian food. It is a mix of Chinese stir fry and Peruvian meat and potatoes.
3) Chimbotanos: Pork braised to a golden brown served with papa seca, which are Andean organic potatoes, garlic, red chili sauce, and marinated onions.
4) Spinach Basil Spaghetti: Lightly breaded chicken breast served over spaghetti in our homemade spinach basil sauce.
5) Empanadas: Hand filled pastries of chicken, beef, or spinach and feta cheese. Served with a spicy lime juice sauce for dipping.
6) Paella (Arroz con Mariscos): Mixed seafood cooked with cilantro rice.
7) Parihuela (Fisherman's Stew): Calamari, mussels, halibut, and shrimp.
8) Pasta Giorgios: Shrimp, calamari, and fish sauteed with roasted garlic in a light soy ginger chili cream sauce.
9) Possibly some sides such as fried plantains or dessert. So many choices!
I am requiring a deposit for this event. I will give you back a crisp $10 bill at the restaurant. Amazon is our "escrow" account with meetup. I will refund your money only if I can find a replacement. I have committed to purchasing 8 entrees from the restaurant. With such a wide assortment to choose from, you can sample dishes from throughout Peru!