addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Orange County MongoDB User Group Message Board › What is your experience with Mongo?

What is your experience with Mongo?

Sig N.
user 16657931
Irvine, CA
Post #: 3
Hello group!!

First things first, we are very excited about forming this group, so many thanks to everyone for signing up!!

We are working on aligning speakers for the first 2 or 3 meetups, and since we want the topics to the most relevant to the group, we would like to hear about your level of experience with MongoDB. Are you completely new to Mongo & NoSQL? Or are you doing proof of concepts, development or are already in production? All are welcome smile

Also let us know what topics would you like to see presented and discussed? i.e. SQL vs. NoSQL, strong schema vs. loose-schema, running Mongo in production, etc.

A former member
Post #: 3
I'll throw my vote in. I'm mostly interested in learning more about running Mongo in production for big data sets. E.g. I'd like to hear more about running on SSDs, archiving backups in the cloud, resharding, changing indexes on a collection that's multiple TBs big, etc. Best practices and things to avoid are always good.
A former member
Post #: 1
My experience has been pumping relational data into Mongo. There has been some experience with setting up replica sets and sharding and various administrative tasks, but mostly data modeling. In other words, what is the best way to pump data from a relational store into Mongo.

Lately I've been spending quite a bit of time looking into map/reduce jobs that will run periodically to generate new documents that would otherwise be hard to create.