Welcome to our Joint General Meeting/Adobe Creative Suite User Group!
Program: Working Smarter In Today's Economy: The New Now, Part 2
Philip Hodgetts will join us again for part 2 of his presentation for ways to increase your income in today's environment. Last year he covered:
* Defining and creating a brand,
* Your Selling Proposition and how to phrase it Social Marketing.
The New Now, Part 2 goes on to cover:
* Getting more customers and more sales;
* Advertising (Display Ads vs Search; Adsense, Adwords)
* Cutting Costs - Producing less expensively (Lower cost, same income equals higher profits)
* Working smarter, using the Internet better to get paid faster, and
* Finding your own income.
Philip Hodgetts is an expert and consultant in digital production, post-production workflows and metadata-assisted editing. He is also a specialist in encoding, web applications, digital delivery and technology innovation. He is the President and CEO of Open Television Network: a service that makes it easy to sell direct to iTunes without Apple. He remains President of Intelligent Assistance, Inc — a systems and technology developer — and one of the "Big Brains" of Big Brains for Rent consultancy. He is an experienced trainer and has written extensively online across a range of topics. He is the co-creator of Assisted Editing and an expert on metadata-based post production workflows. Philip is the author of The HD Survival Handbook; Awesome Titles with FCS and The New Now: How to grow your production or post-production business in a changed and changing world.
He has presented at many conferences and seminars including Keynote addresses for the New York DV Show; Academy of Television Arts and Sciences NEXT TV symposium in 2006; and the 2007 Podcast Summit at NAB as well as presented at Streaming Media East and West; NAB Post|Production, Seybold among others.
Special Note: In case you missed Phiip's presentation to OCMMA last year, you can catch Part 1 of his talk at the September 15 meeting of MCAI- Orange County. He'll be covering the following topics:
- How to clarify your personal brand
- Upscaling your marketing and PR
- Maximizing your visibility so people can find you to give you work!
David Salahi, owner of Artistic Web Design will present some recent examples of his work including:
* Two credit union websites developed with the open source Joomla content management system (CMS)
* A travel/tourism website developed in Flex which uses Google Maps and plays YouTube videos
* A non-profit organization's Joomla website which includes a custom Flex app that combines use of the Twitter and Google Maps APIs
* A WordPress website with a custom theme and custom functionality developed using PHP and WordPress functions
The Joomla websites all have custom developed templates and include various Joomla extensions, some of which will be discussed.
Dave is a software engineer with 30 years of experience in the software development field. In 2008 he left his job at Thomas Bros. Maps, a subsidiary of Rand McNally, to start his own web design business. Dave is also the author of the Flexperiential blog on Flex development.
Come at 6 PM for networking and food and soft drinks. The fee for OCMMA non-members is $15, or $7 for students with ID.
Our monthly general interest meetings include educational presentations and networking, focused on current developments in multimedia, web technology, and the digital arts. Now, OCMMA's new Adobe Creative Suite User Group - Orange County (CS-OC) will meet jointly with the General Meeting of OCMMA every third Tuesday of the month.
The goal of this group is to continue to provide local designers and developers with a forum for learning from speakers and from each other about how best to leverage the power of Adobe applications in their business workflows. Meetings will continue to feature presentations by Adobe specialists, business entrepreneurs, camera and hardware pro's, and others. Topics are selected to have broad appeal across the various multimedia disciplines. Cynthia Gordon is the Manager of CS-OC.
In addition, every month we'll dive into some aspect of the Adobe Creative Suite, with a special focus on ways to streamline your workflow and jump back and forth among apps to get your work done. We'll have a special segment at each meeting called: "Creative Suite Treats", where a 5 to 10 minute demo will highlight a particular tool or technique in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks, etc.