Object-Oriented Programming, Raffle Rules, Books, and 2013 Meeting Topics
OC Flash Interactive - Tuesday, February 5th
Thank you to all that attended our first meeting of the year. We got off to a great start!
Our annual theme for OC Flash Interactive is "BYOB with OCFI in 2013". We will be presenting topics and speakers that support the theme of "Building Your Own Business". Agenda items will include topics that build technical and professional skills of our community.
Our February agenda will cover:
- Jeff Gomes will cover part 2 of his object-oriented programming primer series, which he created in response to a request during our 2013 planning discussion.
- We will review the updates to the OCFI Raffle Rules.
- We will discuss next steps and ideas for obtaining books generously provided by Focal Press, Manning Publications, and Peachpit.
- We will continue to close on topics for our meetings in 2013.
- We will also continue with our tradition of sharing announcements and opening up the meeting to member sharing of tips and tricks, job opportunities, and requests for group assistance.
How can YOU make this meeting a success? YOU can:
- YOU can bring your ideas for upcoming meeting topics and books to order
- YOU can come prepared to share any information you have about jobs, tips, resources, and/or need for the group to help you on an effort
- YOU can reply indicating will be attending the meeting (for food, of course!). If you would like to attend the meeting remotely via Adobe Connect, please contact Jeff Gomes via email for access information.
We look forward to seeing YOU on February 5th!
~ Jeff & Caprice, OC Flash Interactive Managers
OC Flash Interactive is an official Adobe User Group, offering presentations on Flash and other software that enables us to produce Interactive applications and experiences. This meeting is open to designers and developers of all skill levels, from beginning to advanced. Tips and techniques are demonstrated by OC Flash Interactive members as well as outside speakers. Jeff Gomes and Caprice de Lorm are the Managers of OC Flash Interactive.
OC Flash Interactive generally meets on the 1st Tuesday of every month, with exceptions around holidays as agreed on by the group. The meeting fee for Orange County MultiMedia Association non-members is $10 and $5 for students. Visit the OC Flash Interactive page on the OCMMA Site for more information.
REMINDER: We will be giving away the Adobe Software Bundle of your choice in June. You must have attended at least 2 OC Flash Interactive meetings since January be eligible to enter this bi-annual raffle. Earn raffle points at this OC Flash Interactive meeting simply by attending. Earn additional points by presenting, sharing a project or tip. The prize is an Adobe Software Bundle of the winner's choice (limit = $2,100 MSRP). This raffle is held two times a year, usually in the months of June and December. *
Click here for a full list of raffle rules and ways to earn raffle tickets.