The Group Concept of the O.C. Wine Elite:
This wine tasting group is dedicated to blind-tasting high quality wines in a fun dinner setting, for everyone who likes wine, wants to learn more and wishes to meet like-minded friends. We enjoy great food at all events. We also welcome members that are new to wine and integrate them well. However, we have many advanced and serious wine drinkers in our group and would like to have more.
We taste across all global regions and grapes to expand our horizons and create unique educational opportunities. All wines are handselected by our experienced group organizers.
Some events are theme nights (like 'The South of France', or '92+ rated reds'), while others allow for an international blind-tasting of top producers, like our monthly "Wine Elite Classic".
We have been in the news lately, as our group format is unique in Southern California - read the OC Register feature articles here:
http://fastfood.ocreg... and here
Orange Coast magazine also reviewed:
Benefits of being an active Wine Elite member:
- We pay no corkage fees at the restaurants
- We buy the wines from local high-end wine stores, often at a Wine Elite discount
- We get 20% discount on the menu items of selected restaurant
- Due to the above, we can buy exceptional wines as a group, our organizers bring them to each session
- It's quite common for us to taste wines that are worth $100+ and are highly rated
- We have knowledgeable group organizers that make every tasting educational and entertaining
- You will learn the backstory of each wine we drink
- You will quickly start to learn more about global grapes, regions and producers
- Our sessions are somewhat moderated to make each event fun for all participants
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|Wine Elite Announcement of Sommelier Panel Show||January 8, 2012 9:21 AM||Joey|
|Typical Wine Tasting Dinner at the Island Hotel||October 30, 2011 5:23 PM||Joey|
|The OC Wine Elite "Wish List "||September 12, 2011 9:06 AM||Joey|
|About Orange County Wine Elite Society: Sommelier-Guided Tastings||July 17, 2011 7:38 PM||Joey|