addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

PDX Wine & Adventure Enthusiasts Message Board › Discuss First Week Italy Trip Here

Discuss First Week Italy Trip Here

This message board is read-only.

Tamara
user 6131957
Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Post #: 39
This is a discussion board for everyone going on the first week of the Italy trip in October. Feel free to post comments about your itinerary, desire to share a rental car, room sharing before and after the week, great airfare prices, etc.
Wendy S
WSchumer
Portland, OR
Post #: 8
I love that idea - yes I would be interested in doing this. I did a cooking calss about 8 years ago in Italy. We even went shopping ourselves for the ingredients. It was very fun. Count me in depending onthe final count and cost.
Tamara
user 6131957
Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Post #: 42
I can also have the manager of the villa let me know of prices as I think she probably has local connections that would be cheaper.

I had thought about setting this up for the group but wanted to keep the cost down. If we could arrange this at the villa on one of our non tour days, I think many would be interested in it. One thing we will have to contend with is food allergies and people such as myself that don't eat red meat.

I will check into it with Linda and see what cost she comes up with. She takes a few days to get back to me but I will post when I hear back.
Tamara
user 6131957
Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Post #: 44
I checked in with Linda of the villa in Chiusi and she said her connection will come to the villa, teach us a primi, secondi and dessert and then we eat it afterward and the cost is E45 per person. If folks are interested in this, we can set it up for a day we are not on tour. Please post here if you are interested.
Genia
user 5140183
Wilsonville, OR
Post #: 13
Anissa and I are interested. Thanks Tamara!
A.J.
pepelepew1971
Portland, OR
Post #: 7
I'm interested in a cooking class too! :)
Tamara
user 6131957
Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Post #: 48
I would like a head count of everyone who is interested in participating in the cooking class that will be held at the villa. The cost is 45e but if 9 or more people are interested, the cost will go down to 40e. I would like to do this on Tuesday afternoon/evening.

Here are some thoughts on when we will be visiting certain areas. I think it would be best for us to visit Montalcino and Montepuliano on Monday. These are both primary wine towns so it is a good opportunity to stock up on some great wines that you can drink throughout the week!

Siena and San Gimignano for Wed. I am working on finding out if we can start later in the day for our Siena trip. If the driver will allow this, we will be able to be in San Gimignano after the crowds die down and have a magical evening visit, having dinner somewhere. Also, I have a feeling we will be drinking a fair amount of wine (not included in the cooking class) on Tuesday during the cooking class so we will be able to sleep in. I should know if this is possible in a couple of days.

I don't have our third trip planned yet but would love some input so the decision will depend on majority. I will put together a short list of possible trips and post them within the next few days for everyone to check out and vote for.