PDX Wine & Adventure Enthusiasts Message Board › Italy Airfare and Flight Arrival Times

Italy Airfare and Flight Arrival Times

This message board is read-only.

Tamara
user 6131957
Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Post #: 41
I just checked my dates for the trip and airfare has fallen $300 for my dates!! Check to see if your dates have also had reductions in airfare! Yahoo! Looks like I may be booking my ticket soon!

I like to fly on Delta because they have extra leg room. I can use my Delta AMEX Gold card for priority boarding, too.
Tamara
user 6131957
Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Post #: 45
5/20/20102 - Update on airfare for my dates, flying out on Sept. 23rd and returning on October 28th - $1204 total. I haven't booked my flight yet because I am still working on my itinerary for before and after the trip.

If you have booked your flight, please post your airline, arrival time and what city you are flying into. Also include the price, if you don't mind sharing that info. For the first week, you will fly into either Rome or Florence. For the second week, it is best to fly into Florence.

Thanks!

Tamara
A.J.
pepelepew1971
Portland, OR
Post #: 8
My cousin told me about www.onetravel.com for one way tickets. Just in the last few days a one-way went from $800 down to $500 to London Heathrow with only one stop. I think I'll be buying my ticket this week. :)
Tamara
user 6131957
Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Post #: 46
I decided to buckle down and buy my ticket!

Delta Airline
Depart PDX and arrive in Hamburg on September 23rd
Depart Rome and Arrive in Portland on October 29th
Price - $1257 total for multi city ticket
Upgraded to Economy Comfort for an extra $120 each way on the long leg PDX Amsterdam and AMS to PDX

Feels good to have my ticket booked!

I am visiting a friend in Hamburg and we will be traveling to Denmark for 4-5 nights.
Wendy S
WSchumer
Portland, OR
Post #: 12
I arrive to Rome on the morning of October 3rd. See you in Spello.
Peggy Q.
user 13505145
Portland, OR
Post #: 7
I arrive on Thursday, 10-04-12 at 12:40 pm. I am planning to try to arrive in Chiusi about 2 pm or so on Saturday and come out and help with dinner. :)
Ann C.
user 13176547
Portland, OR
Post #: 1
Beth, Doris and I will be staying in Rome for a few day prior to Tuscany so we can leave at any time. I'm very interested in the cooking class. will there be a charge for it?
Tamara
user 6131957
Group Organizer
Portland, OR
Post #: 51
Hi Ann,

I thought I had provided a link to the cooking class thread in my email but in case I didn't or if you missed it, here it is:

Cooking Class Info

Cost will be 45e a person or 40e if we have 9+ people.

I had planned on cooking two meals for everyone that is inclusive in the $1000 pp. One is the welcome dinner and the other is still not planned. I planned on spending about $20-25 usd per person (16-20e) for the meals but if everyone is interested in the cooking class, I could just put that amount toward the cooking class per person. That would mean that everyone would just pay 25e or so. We can bring this up at our next meeting, which I plan on scheduling in late July.

Thanks!

Tamara
A former member
Post #: 5
Hi, all.

Mira and I will be arriving at the Florence airport at 4:10 pm on October 6 (from Barcelona). We are planning to take the bus to the Florence train station, then catch a train to Chiusi.

Unfortunately, the train arrives in Chiusi at 18:57 (6:57 pm). We'll take a taxi to the villa and rent a car either on Sunday or Monday.
Doris M. B.
user 37209902
Eugene, OR
Post #: 2
Ann, Beth and I are leaving from Rome on 10/6 in the morning because I have rented a car from Hertz for us and we have to pick up the car before they close on Saturday at 12:30 P.M. We will stay in Chiusi, have lunch, pick up groceries and tour the town until we can go to the villa. Can anyone tell me what time we can get into the villa and give me the complete address of the villa.

By the way Hertz is not open on Sundays.

We are leaving early on 10/13th to catch the 7:53 A.M. train from Chiusi to Cinque Terre so that we can get there early in the day.

I am not interested in the cooking class since I would like to visit other towns in the area and do not want to spend Tuesday at the villa.

Doris