PDX Wine & Adventure Enthusiasts Message Board › Looking for wine party hosts

Looking for wine party hosts

This message board is read-only.

A former member
If you are interested in hosting a wine party at your house, please let me know. I'd like to schedule a private party later this month or early next - each person would bring a bottle of wine based around a theme and we would all taste the offerings. We could also incorporate a swap if people are interested in that.

Erin
A former member
Post #: 2
Sounds like fun. Not sure how many people would attend, so I am not sure what size home woudl be needed to host.

If there are too many to host in a home, several local shops would probably be willing to have the group. I can think of a few....wines would need to be purchased from them, rather than each member bringing a bottle.

I would also suggest limiting the number of wines. If 25 people show up, having 25 different wines is a lot. I would recommend 6-8 wines.....like you said...with a theme.

Perhaps, Reds from Rioja; Oregon vs California Pinot Noir; etc.

My wine group has been holding tastings for almost ten years....thought I'd post our list of past tastings...some fun ideas in it.

PDXWineauxs Past Tastings

Kathy :-)

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Erin,

Do you know what date do you want to do it? I think my house is big enough for about 20 people. I just have to look at the schedule because usually on weekend I have my own party...