addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

PDX Wine & Adventure Enthusiasts Message Board › New Event: Willamette Valley Wine Tour

New Event: Willamette Valley Wine Tour

This message board is read-only.

A former member
Announcing a new event for The Portland Wine Meetup Group!

What: Willamette Valley Wine Tour

When: Sunday, August 12, 10:00 AM

Event fee: USD35.00 per person

Where: (A location for this event hasn't been chosen yet)

Event Description: I've finally received actual costs for the transportation, so I'm going to ask that people start paying their contributions now so we can reserve the bus. I've decided on an air conditioned bus which seats up to 29. I'm asking that each person pay $35 (via paypal) and if we end up having excess funds (for example, if we fill up the bus), I'll apply them to the tip for the driver and/or tasting fees at the wineries.

I've picked three wineries for us to stop at, although I haven't contacted the wineries yet, so these might change. Our first stop is Sokol Blosser, where we can take advantage of their picnic area and have a potluck lunch. Next stop is Lemelson and our final stop is Rex Hill. Once I get an accurate count on who is going (based on who pays), I'll contact the wineries and confirm our visits.

In addition to the $35, you should be prepared to pay ~$10 at each winery for tasting/tours (plus ??? on wine). Also, bring a dish for the potluck lunch (something that doesn't need to be heated and won't go bad if not refrigerated for a few hours).

Once we get closer to the date, I'll choose a meetup location - somewhere central, but not downtown. I've scheduled the tour bus until 5pm, so you should be prepared to take a cab or get a ride at that time (unless you're sober, in which case you can drive home).

Learn more here:
http://wine.meetup.co...­