PDX Wine & Adventure Enthusiasts Message Board › RSVP's for Events

RSVP's for Events

This message board is read-only.

A former member
Hi All!

I hope that everyone is having a fabulous summer. Personally, I am waiting for fall to arrive as it is my favorite time of year.

With all of the events that are being planned, now and in the future, I wanted to send out a little reminder.

We have an RSVP system, which works pretty well. I would like to encourage everyone to sign up with a "YES" only if you do plan to attend. If you are not sure if you can or not, please click "MAYBE". This accomplishes two things:

1) Allows those who can attend to sign up

2) Allows the shop or restaurant to plan for the right amount of guests.

Most people do not realize that Oregon is a "COD" state. So, when an event is planned at a shop or restaurant, the host business must pay for the wines in advance. They bring in wines to use in the tasting and also additional bottles in hopes that our group will buy a bottle or more to take home. They have paid for these wines in advance.

So, when an event shows 40 people attending, the week before the event, they order wine and food. Then, very often, the day before the event, people who said "YES" start to respond "NO". Suddenly a 40 person event drops to 26.

Sooooo, I encourage y'all to respond to events with this in mind.

I'm looking forward to seeing many of you at upcoming events!

Kathy