|Sent on:||Wednesday, August 7, 2013 9:38 PM|
The Richmond Race schedule is posted and the Ladies are up first with Race #1 (1 PM), with the Mixed team Race #8. Race Schedule
Ladies Team: we have a tune-up at the event site for 10:30 AM. We won’t be on the water long and break for lunch/snacks prior to marshalling. Meet at the boat dock @ 10:15 AM.
All Teams: We marshal at noon @ Chaos tents 13 and 14. (Including Mixed team) We need everybody there to hand out wristbands and make substitutions if required. Mixed team, once you check in, you’ll be able to watch the ladies or grab a snack/lunch. Remember, Hydration begins the day before – Saturday will be hot (91F) and you’ll lose fluids quick. Make sure you drink plenty of water Friday and limit alcohol to 2 drinks.
Race Day Information:
• Event Location: 4708 East Old Main Street, Richmond VA 23231
• Tents 13 and 14: Venue Site Map
• Uniform - white jersey (Mixed) and gold (ladies) with black bottoms. For paddling guests, you can wear your team colors. For those who are new, you can either purchase a race jersey (contact Dawn Alligood) or wear similar team colors.
• Bring your paddle and PFD. They do supply both but best to use your own.
• Healthy snacks. We will have a community table if you would like to bring something to share with the team.
• A cooler with cold water will be provided. Bring a water bottle for refills. Hydrate-Hydrate-Hydrate!
• Bag chair or towel/blanket to sit on
• Extra clothing as needed conditional on weather
• Hat, sunglasses & sunscreen very important
Event Link: http://www.gwndragonboat.com/Default.asp?l=1&id=161
Teri Hufford: [masked]
Dawn Alligood: [masked]
Randy Crow: [masked]