Orlando Ruby Users Group Message Board › Starter Studio Dev Help

Starter Studio Dev Help

Gregg P.
GreggPollack
Group Organizer
Orlando, FL
Howdy Folks,
As you may know, I've been working on a community business accelerator called the Starter Studio. We found a bunch of great startups for the first round our business accelerator (you can read about them on the homepage)
Many of these companies need help with Ruby development, and I know some of you are looking for side projects.  Just to be upfront:
Disadvantage of working with our Startups

• They have little or no money to pay you.
  • Most startups fail.

Advantage of working with our Startups

• You get experience building a product using Ruby that you can put on your resume.
  • You get to start on the ground floor with a startup that may grow up and become a large company some day.  You might even become a co-founder if you put in some blood sweat and tears.
  • These startups are going to be mentored by successful Orlando business people (increasing their chances of success).
  • You'll have access to help from the Envy Labs team when you get stuck.

I know many of you won't be interested, but it could be a great opportunity for someone who wants to start their career path into a CTO position or co-founder of a business.
If you're interested, please get in touch.
-Gregg