Orlando Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers Message Board › Submission Format for Short Stories

Submission Format for Short Stories

Kate M.
user 32676562
Orlando, FL
Post #: 3
I found this submission format on line and thought it might help as a couple people had questions about formatting at the last meeting.

Hope it helps,
Kate
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi Kate!
For some reason I can't see the submission format you're discussing. Was there supposed to be a link? Is there a link and my computer is just not showing it? (Oh the possibilities...)

Also I wanted to thank you for your recommendation of Scrivener. I've downloaded the 30 day trial and so far it's pretty wonderful.
Kate M.
user 32676562
Orlando, FL
Post #: 4
The submission format showed up as a link when I posted it. Hmm. I'll try it as text and see if that works. You may have to cut and paste:

http://www.shunn.net/...­

Thanks for the catch.

Glad you like Scrivener. It lets me write the way I think, which is not linear--but what drew me to it was the index cards. I struggled with outlining and using comments in Word, and even tried dividing a story into separate documents. Scrivener is much easier to use for the actual writing process. I find that I export to Word for cleanup and final formatting. And Word has a better spell checker.

I also use PageFour for collecting ideas and very short pieces.