Orlando Tech Message Board › SIGHCI Sponsorship (Demember Orlando Event!)

SIGHCI Sponsorship (Demember Orlando Event!)

A former member
Post #: 2
Industry Partners,

I am an officer for SIGHCI, a special interest group affiliated with the Association for Information Systems (AIS). Our mission is to discuss, develop, and promote issues related to human-computer interaction (HCI), primarily within business and organizational contexts.

We are looking to establish partnerships with companies doing HCI-related work through sponsorship of our yearly workshop. As a primarily academic community, we believe there are many opportunities for us to provide value to companies, such as working with universities to:

• Recruit high-caliber employees from HCI degree programs,
  • Establish student design/research projects to address real-world issues,
  • Initiate research projects with faculty to explore complex questions,
  • Stay up-to-date on current HCI research,
  • Promote hardware/software product offerings or training materials, and
  • Facilitate interactions among industry partners.

This year’s workshop will take place on December 16, 2012 in Orlando, FL. The purpose of the workshop is to present and discuss cutting-edge HCI research. The success of this workshop depends largely on sponsor support. In the table below, you will find an outline of benefits for each defined level of sponsorship. Silver and above sponsors will receive complimentary registrations for the workshop. For those of you in the Orlando area, this would be a convenient opportunity to represent your company in person.

You can find more information about SIGHCI online at sighci.org. If you are interested in sponsoring our group, please email me directly through this site. I can provide you with more details about our sponsorship and answer any questions you may have.

Thank you,

Nick Lockwood, Ph.D.
Vice Chair for Sponsorship,
AIS Special Interest Group on Human-Computer Interaction