align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Orlando Happy Hour Meetup Group Message Board › Changes in our group's Leadership Team!

Changes in our group's Leadership Team!

Allison
OrlandoAllison
Group Organizer
Altamonte Springs, FL
Hello, Members!

I just wanted to take a moment to email the group and let you know that I have taken over as Organizer for both the Orlando Area Dining Out Group as well as the Orlando Happy Hour Group, effective immediately.

Helene Supraner, who founded the groups and has done an amazing job serving as organizer since the groups’ inceptions, has decided to step down to Assistant Organizer. Since her marriage last year, and starting up a wonderful new business with Dove Chocolate Expressions, she does not have the time to dedicate to the groups and asked me to step in, which I did, gladly!  Following Helene’s example, these groups have never and will never ask for money to cover our costs, it is with pleasure that we do this and that is our continued commitment.

In addition to Helene as Assistant Organizer, we still have Susan Bass as Assistant for the Happy Hour group, and Barbara Fredrickson as Assistant Organizer (can I say –Extraordinaire?) for the Dining Out group.

If there is anyone else out there that is interested in stepping up as an Assistant for either or both groups, please let me know! It would take nothing but your time, and a commitment to put together a minimum of one or two events every month or so, as your time permits. I don’t want to have fifty assistants, just a select few, so please just let me know if you’re serious about it. The role of Assistant organizer is strictly to conduct social events only, and is not to be used as a platform for any business or marketing. I’m sorry I have to say that, but unfortunately, I’ve seen that happen before and I am compelled to prevent our members from being unwillingly misled.

As always, we will maintain the 3-strikes-you’re-out rule – if you have RSVP’d Yes to an event, and do not show three times, you are subject to being removed from the group. As long as you change your RSVP to a No before the event, you will not be considered a no-show – it’s so simple to make the change and is just common courtesy to the group, the organizers and the venue management.

If you ever have any questions or concerns about anything related to our groups, please contact me through my Meetup Profile page – it triggers an email that goes right to my phone, so I’ll be notified immediately, and will respond as needed as soon as I am able.

Alright, “business” aside, I look forward to a LOT MORE wonderful times with some of the best people I’ve ever met, and those I have yet to meet. Onward and upward!!

All my best,
Allison Towers