Orlando Tech Entrepreneurs Message Board › Meeting Synopsis

Meeting Synopsis

Jacques F.
jacquesfu
Orlando, FL
Hello IT Pros,

We had another great turnout today!

Every meeting we start out with introductions and there were definitely a lot of new faces today, which is a really good sign for the growth of the group.

We talked a little bit about DigiNotar being hacked (article link below) and how the current security model for the Internet is broken with no real solution. A question was raised, "What do we do as IT Professionals?" and the consensus is that we educate ourselves about these threats and create awareness around them.

We also broached the subject of IT education and the lack of information regarding the translation of skills in the classroom to real world application. One suggestion was to see if as a group we could somehow contribute to fill that gap by sharing to various groups of students enrolled in IT courses our experiences as professionals.

There was also some discussion about what we can do for the group to make it better. Create a job posting directory, a website, or even some mobile apps. All great ideas that I'm eager to investigate further.

Looking forward to the next meetup and thanks everyone for your participation. For those of you who missed it, I hope to see you at the next meeting.

Sources:

http://www.darkreadin...­
A former member
Post #: 21

Jacques,

Great recap. I had an excellent time talking to everyone. The skills and areas of expertise of the group is very diverse, similar to the diversity of Orlando.

Rodney