Harvey Hyman, JD, MBA, PhD
• Assistant Professor, College of Innovation and Technology at Florida Polytechnic University
• Co-Founder, Retrivika eDiscovery Platform
Dr. Harvey Hyman is an Assistant Professor at the brand-new Florida Polytechnic University in Lakeland, Florida. His scientific research focuses on human-machine interactions on large-scale information retrieval (IR) tasks. The models he's developed measure cognitive and technological factors of IR, and have been found to significantly improve performance on IR–related tasks, such as eDiscovery, FOIA, and EMR/EHR.
Dr. Hyman will be discussing practical methods for designing and implementing platforms for trained analysts and lay-person end-users. These methods assist the user in learning the context and content of document collections to create more effective search structures.
• Currently developing new data mining and analysis degree programs at Florida Polytechnic University.
• Co-founder of Retrivika, an IR platform tailored for legal eDiscovery and other large-scale document management and analysis tasks.
• Developed software systems for the U.S. government, including a business intelligence system for the U.S. military.
• Served as a U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer and was deployed during Operation Iraqi Freedom. Received the U.S. Coast Guard Commendation Medal, the U.S. Coast Guard Achievement Medal twice, and the Global War on Terrorism Medal.
• Worked as a criminal trial attorney for over 10 years as Assistant State Attorney and Senior Public Defender.
Brought to you by: