Orlando Python welcomes you to post job opportunities to our general discussion list (see the Discussions tab, above) provided the job is located in Central Florida or at least the state. If the job is strictly telecommuting, the employer should be located in the Southeast USA: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia. Keep in mind that job postings will be monitored, and you can and will be banned for abuse or just being really annoying.
Rules for Job Postings
- Include a full description of the job opportunity. Do not just post links to job boards or messages to the effect of "I've got jobs. Call me." Also avoid super spammy subject lines like "WHO WANTS A JOB NOOOOOOW!?!?!?!?" and the like. We're a community; you wouldn't appreciate me plastering your neighborhood with flyers and posters, would you?
- Include a signature block with your full name, position, contact details and company, so that interested parties can contact you. Please remember to encourage those interested parties to contact you directly so as not to clutter the list further.
- Include your relationship to the job opportunity: e.g. employer, recruiter, co-worker, contractor.
- Include where the job is located, and only post job opportunities located in Central Florida (see above).
- Post only new opportunities. Do not post opportunities that have already been posted by you, because it's annoying and might get you banned. Do not post opportunities that have already been posted by your colleagues or a competitor, because it's unethical and will get you banned.
- Do not ask organizers to recommend members to you, or to pass along opportunities on your behalf. If you'd like some help with professional recruiting, contact the organizers directly and expect to pay for those services.
- Do not include documents, forms or file attachments of any kind. These usually get junked or royally screwed up by Meetup.com
- Do not bother posting an opportunity if you've never actually been to a meeting. If we don't recognize you as anyone other than "that annoying recruiter from the list", we probably won't bother responding to you.
Failure to follow these job posting guidelines will get you flamed by members and moderators, and may lead to you being banned. Please keep in mind that this is community is built by nerds, for nerds, and you're being permitted to participate even though you're outsiders. Please behave yourselves like guests ought and we'll all get along great.
Much of this copy was gracefully lifted from the Atlanta PHP Jobs page
with the permission of the organizer, Chris Spruck