addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Oslo WordPress Meetup Message Board › Ideas for Our First Meetup

Ideas for Our First Meetup

Scott B.
scottbasgaard
Liknes, NO
Post #: 1
First off, I want to say thank you for joining the Oslo WordPress Meetup Group! I'm very excited to get to know you all and help out the WordPress community in the Oslo area where we can all learn something about WordPress, and of course, have fun doing it!

We don't have any concrete details on our first meetup but I thought it would be a great idea to start throwing ideas around for our first and future meetups.

With that said, what are some things you would like to learn more about pertaining to WordPress. This can be anything from beginner, intermediate and advanced topics.

Examples:

• How to setup and configure your own self-hosted WordPress install
  • How to create a WordPress plugin
  • How to develop a WordPress theme

Also, if you are on Twitter make sure to follow @WPOslo.

Thanks!,
Scott
Sandra W.
user 9464469
Oslo, NO
Looking forward to my first WordPress-meetup :)

I can only speak for myself, but I would like to learn more about:

• How to create a WordPress plugin
  • How to develop a WordPress theme

I would also like to learn more about which plugins that is good to use on a "normal" site. What functionality most sites should have, and also how to make a secure site with WordPress.

The first thing in your list is not so important for me but I am sure there are some others that will enjoy learning this.

Sandra
Scott B.
scottbasgaard
Liknes, NO
Post #: 2
Thanks for the input Sandra :)

I see both plugin and theme development being very important topics as well.

I'm excited to see what kind of group we have. After our first meetup I think we'll have a great idea about what people's interests/needs/etc are.

As far as WordPress security goes, check out this blog post I just wrote for Metronet on WordPress Security tips. http://www.metronet.n...­

Stig U.
user 14022289
Oslo, NO
I am not a programmer, but more a Web designer. I have set up a dozen WordPress sites. I would like to discuss
- experiance with plugins, which are useful
- translations to norwegian - how to organize it