A Monthly class on Outdoor & Paddling topics, like navigation, camping, first aid, and survival techniques.
3rd Thursday of the Month. 6:30pm
$10 per person
- Oct. 17 Camping from your kayak "cutting through the hype"
- Nov. 21 Cooking while camping "freeze dried verse fresh"
- Dec. 19 Cold weather clothing "stacking layers"
- Jan. 16 I'm exposed "heat gain and heat loss"
- Feb. 20 Fire, Fire, Fire "warmth plus a whole lot more
- Mar. 20 Night time navigating "finding your way in the dark"
- Apr. 17 Signaling Devices "drawing attention"
- May 15 Summer Camping "how to keep your cool"
- June 19 Marine First Aid "minimal preparation prevents massive maintenance"
- July 17 SUP camping
- Aug. 21 Going primitive "light weight shelters"
- Sept. 18 Camping from your kayak "cutting through the hype"
Reservations Required. Space is limited. Payment is required with reservation.
Classes are presented by Jeff & Sean.
Jeff Fabiszewski is a Wilderness First Responder, an American Canoe Association L-3 certified kayak instructor, British Canoe Union L-1 certified coach, and Greenland style paddler. Coached in Florida, Maine & South Carolina. Jeff’s aided in getting recovering wounded veterans out on the water by volunteering with Team River Runner’s Tampa Chapter, Wounded Warrior Project, and Extremity Games. He has also trained some of the Florida Ocean Kayak Fishing team on improving their paddling techniques. He also has been published in four different outdoor magazines (Canoe News, Florida Outdoor Adventures Magazine, Onshore Offshore, and Paddling.net.) and Jeff and Sean have there own paddling blog Liquid Rhythm Kayaking.
Sean’s paddling accomplishments include crossing the Molokai Channel (Hawaii) in 2000. In 2007 Sean and Jeff circumnavigated Pinellas County, Fl. over a 5 day period. In[masked] paddled over 90 miles in the Florida Keys and then in December ’09 did over 100 miles on the Suwannee River, Fl. Other paddling includes Atlantic coastal paddling off Charleston South Carolina and the coast of Georgia. Sean has also taught and worked at the East Coast Canoe and Kayak Festival in Charleston, S.C. Sean has been taught and mentored by many well respected coaches/instructors in the U.S. and is continually striving to become a better paddler and to spread his love of the paddling lifestyle and all things in nature.