Closed to new replies
TO ALL MEMBERS, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING DISCLAIMER AND RULES PRESENTED BELOW.
This "Disclaimer and Rules" helps our members all be on the same page providing for as (safe and informed) events as possible. Also to help safeguard members security and privacy. Check this posting periodically for updates.
** IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE DISCLAIMER AND RULES OR ARE UNSATISFIED WITH THESE SAFETY AND PRIVACY RULES, PLEASE LEAVE THIS MEETUP GROUP. **
Disclaimer and Rules
01. Consult a doctor before attending events. You should not attend if health concerns may pose a risk to yourself or members of the group. Some of the events can be strenuous due to duration, level or volume of music, crowd, temperature, weather and other environmental conditions. All events are attend at your own risk. If ever you feel that an event is dangerous, over crowded, bad weather may be an issue or the leadership skills are lacking then it is your responsibility not to participate in that event. Organizers are not responsible for any accidents or medical costs incurred to participants or pets as a result of attending events.
02. Be flexible with your schedule. Although many events may have a time frame that we try to adhere to, we are sometimes start the event late due to unforeseen reasons. Always check event postings for updates as sometimes date, time and venue may change due to unforeseen circumstances.
03. Be respectful! Our group is diverse with a wide range of ages, races, genders, skill sets and levels of life experience.
04. Please respect members privacy. Do not post or email without permission any members personal information such as phone numbers, home addresses, email addresses, names or contacts.
05. No postings of house parties or events at a private residence.
06. Organizers have the right to cancel an event at any time due to sickness, emergencies, weather or safety concerns, etc, without any expectation from members of reimbursement of cover charges,fees, dues or costs of any kind. Organizers are not responsible for any fines (such as parking or towing) incurred by members of this group at events. Organizers are not responsible for your safety or property, ultimately you are.
07. Be aware events may have alcohol present. If you intend to drink/consume alcohol,
DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE..
It is recommended to take a cab to and from the event.
09. Any criminal activity, illegal drug use, driving while intoxicated, destruction of property, abusive language, unsafe behavior, direct complaints to meetup venues, or excessive annoying attitudes (drama) will get that person(s) removed and possibly banned from the group. The intended purpose of this group is to build community, learn from one another and have fun. If you do have any concerns or issues please bring them calmly and privately to the ORGANIZER.
10. You will not provide any false personal information on Ottawa Activities, or create an account for anyone other than yourself . Members must be a minimum of 21 years old to participate in events. When joining the group you must use your first name and post a real picture of yourself. recognizable facial photo required to join.(exceptions are granted for individuals who are known by the organizer)
Membership privileges and or membership can be revoked at any time without notice.
11. The group will not normally facilitate transport to activities by means of a car pool arrangement. Participants may choose to car pool but shall do so at their own risk.
Organizers are not responsible for damage to your personal property or for any accidents or medical costs incurred to participants or pets as a result of attending events.
Anyone receiving unsolicited or harassing emails from members of the group should notify the Organizer.
Advertisers and Sponsors Disclaimer
Our Group and Websites may contain advertising and sponsorships. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on our website is accurate and complies with applicable laws. We are not responsible for the illegality or any error, inaccuracy or problem in the advertiser’s or sponsor’s materials.
THE INCLUSION OF THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN ENDORSEMENT, GUARANTEE, WARRANTY, OR RECOMMENDATION BY OTTAWA ACTIVITIES. AND WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE CONTAINED THEREIN.
Edited by Sean L on Feb 14, 2015 4:14 PM